PeterP
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: Sales Manager Airush Kiteboarding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.

Postby PeterP » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:15 pm

There will always be sceptics - doubt anyone would post an "edited" un-edited version - too much good-will to lose.

Jesse Richman won the Red Bull King of the air today on the Torch 9/10 held in 25-35knots of wind. Kevin Langeree (also on Torch) was jumping higher and further than anyone in the opening rounds but came a bit unstuck in the semi's.

Young Oswald Smith was on the Airush race kite and was getting decent air-time everyone else was on C's (or whatever the new bridled versions are called).

Not sure what the hangtime was but they flew like aeroplanes at times and made the most amazing high-speed landings - unreal stuff!

ineedwindnow
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ineedwindnow » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Makes sense when you get your timing right on a C they are great for boosting , once you feel the tension on the lines it's a sling shot effect ,
love that feeling.

Damien Girardin
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Maui
Favorite Beaches: Maui
Style: all
Gear: Reedin
Brand Affiliation: Reedin

Postby Damien Girardin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks guys for the comments, sorry for the skepticals. I dont know what to ad, I guess we'll get Shawn and Jesse to do more of these jumps to show you guys :-)
Regarding weather it was a "pretty windy day on Maui" so i would say about 25 gusting 30, Shawn was on a 9m.
Looking forward to see some reviews from some of you guys when you get to test this new Draft.

Aloha
Damien

Marc_87
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Slufter and Mirns
Style: Freeride/freestyle/oldskool
Gear: Powered by Flysurfer

Postby Marc_87 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 am

ineedwindnow wrote:Makes sense when you get your timing right on a C they are great for boosting , once you feel the tension on the lines it's a sling shot effect ,
love that feeling.
I am also very sceptic. Maybe you can arrange to send a kite my way to test it properly, the Dutch distributor does not have this kind of kites to test at events. I did ride Cabrinha Xbow 's normally so I know what big air and hangtime is.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:38 am

Marc_87 wrote: I am also very sceptic. Maybe you can arrange to send a kite my way to test it properly, the Dutch distributor does not have this kind of kites to test at events. I did ride Cabrinha Xbow 's normally so I know what big air and hangtime is.
Haha yes me too...send some Maui winds too.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 am

funalex wrote:I think, with this video, He wanted to show his sceptissism about the 2nd vide about the draft jump.

I even don't believe it...sorry, it's to much for me, I don't believe in god too ! maybe this is the reason...or not..
What exactly is it that you do not believe about the video?

Do you think it is a massive air or all done in a greenroom?

funalex
Very Frequent Poster

Postby funalex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:24 am

... it's a (big) slomotion effect after the take-off ... I guess the jump must be arround 9s in true speed. (9s is really big jump)

sorry for naish to do that ... sorry for damien to support that ... even if it's a good marketing strategy.

uncle sammy
Medium Poster

Postby uncle sammy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 am

I think that the best way to prove the skeptics wrong is to sell a hole bunch of kites all over and then they will see everyone flying for 14 secs.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:36 am

funalex wrote:... it's a (big) slomotion effect after the take-off ... I guess the jump must be arround 9s in true speed. (9s is really big jump)

sorry for naish to do that ... sorry for damien to support that ... even if it's a good marketing strategy.
Hmmm I don't see that. I don't have a good frame of reference for what that much hangtime looks like but I agree with peterp...too much to lose by not showing it right. It seems right to me.

Kitepower: yes the 2-4 knots was joke referencing recent claims on kf...all in good fun.

Erlend M B
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Sideshore.no (Wainman Hawaii, Nobile, Crazy Fly)

Postby Erlend M B » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:45 pm

tautologies wrote:
funalex wrote:... it's a (big) slomotion effect after the take-off ... I guess the jump must be arround 9s in true speed. (9s is really big jump)

Hmmm I don't see that. I don't have a good frame of reference for what that much hangtime looks like but I agree with peterp...too much to lose by not showing it right. It seems right to me.

Kitepower: yes the 2-4 knots was joke referencing recent claims on kf...all in good fun.

That's not an argument for anything. Lance Armstrong had a lot to loose by doing EPO, that doesn't make him innocent.

The takeoff looks normal speed from the splash, the landing is hard to see, but the waves looks kinda slow..? The time between takeoff and landing could be slowed down with little evidence of it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”