Forum for kitesurfers
ineedwindnow
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish draft vid.... bullshit.

Postby ineedwindnow » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:26 pm

You guys don't remember the old Raven promo video done the jump was huge as for the hang time although its great and its real what about Mark Shinns jump on the crossbow that went for more than 14 seconds obviously there is few Naish haters out there lets try it first and then see. :thumb: :thumb:

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:34 pm

ineedwindnow wrote:You guys don't remember the old Raven promo video done the jump was huge as for the hang time although its great and its real what about Mark Shinns jump on the crossbow that went for more than 14 seconds obviously there is few Naish haters out there lets try it first and then see. :thumb: :thumb:
Writing my doubts before, I can assure you I'm in no way a Naish hater and I don't have any affiliation with any brand. I'm actually interested in purchasing this kite if it is really that great as shown on the video.
Maybe someone with more knowledge can shed some light into this issue.

Cheers and Peace
Caesar :peace:

funalex
Very Frequent Poster

Postby funalex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 pm

should I precise that I love naish torch each time I try one. I m not a naish hater...I just hate agressive marketing, making profit this way is bad ! I can't help that.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Caesar wrote:
BigOne wrote:Naish, post the real raw video!! This one still very slow for sure!!
Look at rider, his harness straps flaps fast in the first 2 seconds of jump, and after third second flaps are realy slow. You can see the real speed of the jump in 1.25-1.27 min of original promo video.
That a shame !!
Overall nice floaty jump, but not 14 sec.
Looking at the video over and over again, I think I agree with you. Once he was up in the air, he certainly needed to do more bar steering to keep the kite "floating" in the right direction. When the guy was at the top, suddenly the clouds passing by very slowly.
I might be wrong, but my to me it looks tampered- sorry.

Cheers
Caesar 8)
:) Easy, look at the clouds only /not the rider/ and then share what you`ve seen ...

The only thing I see here is fans with moderate opinions and guys desperate to prove it`s fake...
L.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:12 pm

ineedwindnow wrote:You guys don't remember the old Raven promo video done the jump was huge as for the hang time although its great and its real what about Mark Shinns jump on the crossbow that went for more than 14 seconds obviously there is few Naish haters out there lets try it first and then see. :thumb: :thumb:
Mark Shinn's 6 or 7 second jumps on the Crossbow.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6el6c ... hinn_sport

What does look strange in the Naish video is when the kite stays off to the same side for a few seconds. Normally the rider would be swinging back under the kite unless the wind was taking the kite that direction, but a few seconds later the kite stays overhead.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 pm

Diez13 wrote:Hi guys !
I'll reveal the real video,
BEfore naish 9 seconds
After naish effect ----> 14 seconds :nono:

So watch the original video.

:D
I agree with Diez...not 14..more like 9 or 10 seconds.....still waaaayyyy better than what i do :lol:

Now Diez can you calculate my real air time knowing that it was shot at 210 frames per second.....
...and that my jump lasted 26 seconds in beginning of this video...from 0:16 to 0:42 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycr3xqG3JJI

............................. :surf: :sun: ...................................................................................................................

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:03 am

funalex wrote:I think bigone was talking about naish to...

I really want to see if naish will have balls to admit the fake...like best had done few years ago...or if they will insist...
Really?
Do you agree it is a big jump?
What do you think the hangtime is?

I really just do not see how it is faked..and I don't get why they would fake it.

Ive watched those riders jump. It is amazing. Jesse richman just won king of the air...surely you admit the riders have skills in terms of jumping?
if you ask Peter frank height is a matter of skill...but hangtime will vary with kites.

Why wouldn't naish just do a few shots...sounds easier than trying "fake" anything. Especially considering they know they have to deal with Internet :)

windrupted
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: North Beach, Barney Line, The Wood in Ventucky, Island Park Idaho and Mt Hagin MT
Favorite Beaches: G-Land (Plenkung Point)
Style: Waves, Goofy or Switch
Gear: Craigslist
Brand Affiliation: Charles Shaw

Postby windrupted » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:31 am

I haven't seen the Draft edit but I do peruse a lot of these action promo clips. Editing for enhancement is pretty standard these days.

Hunqi
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hunqi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:51 am

Tone wrote:Naish, the movie was great without having to lie about the hangtime.

14 seconds with the clock going the correct speed and the video going at half speed.

Please.

looks like a great kite but stop the bullshit.
Exactly :claps:

I don't think the smart ass convincing either in the vid, hahaha...............
Doesn't even look like it has to do anything with the hangtime :naughty:
Attachments
Smart Ass .png

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:16 am

funalex wrote:should I precise that I love naish torch each time I try one. I m not a naish hater...I just hate agressive marketing, making profit this way is bad ! I can't help that.
But if you counter that by saying it not great to call people liars without actually knowing they are.

My point is that what can a brand do then to show their stoke for their gear? They say this is not fake...then tried to show the raw footage...and still you say it fake?

Another way to put it..instead of saying stuff like bullshit and fake..say wow that is such an amazing hangtime I am having problems believing it is real. :thumb:

One can easily turn this around and ask you...
Clearly you believe that it is possible to achieve such hangtime using kites right? Why would it not then be possible for a pro rider on a naish kite to achieve?

I'm impressed but I do not think this violates laws of physics.. :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”