Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ozone Edge 10m & 19m now available

Postby Westozzy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Lol that's a funny one droffats. Be careful taking advice of someone who claims to give the real story. Although there are some good points in that reply. Yes the screamer is built to jump for sure.

The screamer is also easier to jump which I made apparent.

But from my rides on it, well it's not for me.

You need to try both and see how they feel.

C kites do not pull you on the beach anything close to the edge. Short power throw? What has that got to do with apparent wind build up. Now he's moving into bullshit land and I started to wonder if he's even worth listening to!

but again some good points. the smaller edges do way more than jump and race. For me they are an awesome free ride kite.

Again get on both. The screamer has been driven a lot by Internet hype by riders who are obviously stoked, the edge is true and tried. The hype didn't match the reality for me. Not saying this isn't the kite for you though.

If I wanted to be ripped off the water intensely myself I'd be using a C or C hybrid, not a screamer.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby coleman » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:34 am

Ozzy, when I read your post I thought it made some sense. And from my experience on the edge it sounded like you were pretty much spot on.

When I read kite2heaven's reply I wondered if he was responding to your post or something else. K2H needs to chill out. Ok, you may have some skills. Yeah you can edge a board. Great buddy, congratulations. Now you need to brush up on your use of the English language and learn how to not be such an ass
But hey, I might be "byast"

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:55 pm

He did make some sense though from my experience on both kites, but lost me on a few points.

I also maintain that I wouldn't (so far) be interested in a 7m edge. I think the design works well from 9m up. The 7m for me would be to fast across the window in the wind speed and strength I would use it in.

30 knots is four times more powerful than 20 knots, the difference in magnitude squared or some crap, in those winds I'd be inclined to have a more stable kite like say a catalyst. Tone down the impact somewhat.

The 9m is a sweet kite, fast enough on the middle or low pressure settings and still gives you that edge feel. The 11m is my main kite and starts low and can be taken high.

But the 10m...wow that would just be a bloody beautiful size on the low bar pressure settings ( fast turning) for this edge design for my free ride tendencies in the surf! Sooooo tempted. :D

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn

Postby Kite2Heaven » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Westozzy

I take it youve never stood on the beach or kited in 30knots with an old 12m Naish C kite that has a short throw depower bar (if you could call it that) which nearly lifts you into the air at a stand still... Do you have to have an Edge to Understand minimal depower and dragging your ass down to the water so the "board" can do it for you... what was your point again - ohhhh, basic kite skills that only edge riders have...

All these amazing new things the NEW Edge does... I'll be darned.

Now just to make your day more exciting.. since your on the topic of bullshit

Please explain to me why - on your Australian and other forums recently, with your 10+ years of kiteboarding experience... that your posting for advice on how to jump properly ?

There are Posts from Edge and Screamer riders that have offered you to join them in "big air" sessions ... only to find that you dont know how to go big, said it will take a few years to get to that level (how many years does it take) or simply didnt show up.

Your keen to write long winded fairy tale reviews on "Big Air kites" - that your obviously not qualified to write as you dont have the skill to make fair comment on 'both' - positive or negative and a lot of "your" comments are actually those of someone else!!!

Thats called Bullshitting in my books - and very misleading to your Ozone friends and anyone else on those forums curious on the comparison !

You were right about the 7m Screamer, I posted that too ... from Experience

The Catalyst would be good for you - understandably

The Epic Screamers were designed for Intermediate & Advanced riders ONLY.

Colmen yor mi splleing herow - how bout a kiss :kiss:

If anyone wants to hook up for a big air session whatever you ride - just send me a message :D

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Wow you do need to take a chill pill.

Yep rode old C kites. Heard of the airush lift pro. Now that was a ball breaker

Short depower throw is very different to a canopies design that builds apparent wind. I think you are getting these two aspects mixed up. they are not the same thing.

Infact I also flew foils for many years as well hence I do feel qualified to mention apparent wind and its pull.

It seems you are taking this personally with the digs at me. I haven't commented on your riding Ability as I have never seen you kite. Hence I would be bullshitting.

Have you seen me kite? You need to separate fact from evidence and from your own over inflated big air pantomime in your own head it seems.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 am

yeah, kite2heaven always posts bullcrap like this. here is a hypothetical for ya, lets say k2h is at one of his usual spots, dominating of course, with the usual smattering of riders at various levels of skill.
Somebody comes in stoked about their new kite. naturally, they want to compare it to some others they have flown. Is this when k2h kicks in to full prick mode and degrades their skill set and lack of experience on older kites that were so much more hardcore?

I seriously doubt this person acts this way in front of real people. Only on the forum does he feel free to be a total douchebag. Every single thread i have seen this guy in he paints himself as a tool.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 am

I guess its like a child having a tantrum. if you feed the troll he will keep tantruming....

ignore him and the bad behaviour goes away.

Why trantrum when nobody listens? what a waste of energy.

who has done any speed runs on a 7m edge? recon that would haul arse.

Thinking about the highest i have ever jumped. it was on a 11 edge 25-30 knots. cought some crazy updraft and went up... then up some more...let the bar out went up again. looked down and every thing was very small bellow. hovered there for what seemed like an age. then came down and landed it and rode away. it was more of a semi controlled lofting than a normal jump.

apart from that instance i've been equally as high on the c4 and the cat. but in higher winds. love boosting my 8m cat in 35 knots. great fun.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 am

I guess its like a child having a tantrum. if you feed the troll he will keep tantruming....

ignore him and the bad behaviour goes away.

Why trantrum when nobody listens? what a waste of energy.

who has done any speed runs on a 7m edge? recon that would haul arse.

Thinking about the highest i have ever jumped. it was on a 11 edge 25-30 knots. cought some crazy updraft and went up... then up some more...let the bar out went up again. looked down and every thing was very small bellow. hovered there for what seemed like an age. then came down and landed it and rode away. it was more of a semi controlled lofting than a normal jump.

apart from that instance i've been equally as high on the c4 and the cat. but in higher winds. love boosting my 8m cat in 35 knots. great fun.

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn

Postby Kite2Heaven » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:55 am

Yeah whatever - Some of us know the "truth".
Make sure you have the appropriate skill level before writing your fairytale wannabe reviews...
Maybe Coleman can help you out as he knows how to spell Plaigerism...

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 am

K2h: you're a douche, it's ok. the world needs douches. how else do we keep all those stinky vaginas clean. with folks like you around, us good people can rest well knowing that you've got our backs.

Return to “Kitesurfing”