Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ozone Edge 10m & 19m now available

Postby Kite2Heaven » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 am

Coleman & Dummet :heartface:

Its all good, because I dont Bullshit people into thinking that im something im not.

The Truth makes some people feel a little uncomfortable doesnt it !

As long as he stops trying to downgrade kite reviews that he has NO skill on in favour of Ozone - I promise to leave him alone, in his favourite Ozone storytelling land.

Sounds like an Honest deal to me !

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:56 am

Lol, K2H I think we would get on just fine if we knew each other. We both speak our minds and both enjoy the vertical dimension which a lot of kiters don't seem to want to pursue. Don't know about you but when I got into the sport 14 seasons ago, it was principally for the air time. Call me old school, don't care.

But...you mention the TRUTH. Now normally a reasoned point of view has some evidence to at least support the propositions made. Except if you move into the esoterical religious babble of bubble and squeak.

Here is some evidence that may or may not point to some semblance of the truth.

1. Been kiting for 14 seasons now, from the fixed two line foils, to the wipikas, the old crazy C kites you proposed I hadn't experienced ( again no evidence), through the bow, SLE, delta and all the other wonderful hybrids that we now get to enjoy.

2. I have never seen you kite so would not propose to judge your rider skill. You have never seen me kite either.

3. I regularly get to ride all sorts of kites, from all brands and all styles. We are lucky over here on the west coast of WA, vibrant kiting community with some excellent retailers and crew that don't mind giving you a crack. The screamer demoes were purely to see what they were all about, never had an intention to get one, then again I also flew a NRG liquid force kite, same same. But it keeps me updated on wing design, feel and performance. I get emails all the time as,ing for advice. Not that I'm any guru, far from it, but if I have flown them I give my two bobs worth. If I haven't I pass them onto someone I know who has.

4. On that note, if you actually stop and read carefully I was not denigrating the screamer, infact I agreed with most of what you had to say and its performance. It is a jumping machine, built to jump!

And yet you launch into this barrage of personal insults on my flying skills.

Sorry but how the Farq do you know? You have no evidence to support this proposition.

Yet I have no evidence you are as good as you seem to make out. Hey I'm sure you are, and you probably do have a greater skill set than me...but I wouldn't comment either way because I have no evidence to support that.

So please do us a favour mate, stop, read, think, then write.

If not one wonders what contribution you can actually make other than cause posts to end up like this one.

I really hope this appeals to your more reasoned side.

If not, that's cool to I suppose ...fire away...lol

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf

Postby Kite2Heaven » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Westozzy wrote: Here is some evidence that may or may not point to some semblance of the truth.

1. Been kiting for 14 seasons now, from the fixed two line foils, to the wipikas, the old crazy C kites you proposed I hadn't experienced ( again no evidence), through the bow, SLE, delta and all the other wonderful hybrids that we now get to enjoy.

Sorry but how the Farq do you know? You have no evidence to support this proposition.
Short memory huh - only one month ago,you posted this :thumb:

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kite ... -today-WA/

Australian seabreeze Forum

Poster - Wishy(an Edge rider) to Eppo (Westozzy)

Posted 24/01/2013, 9:50 am

We still need to have an 11m edge boost off.
How about the 5th, 6th, or 7th February if the wind comes in.
I will get a 7m one for winter. Sh!t is going to get real scary, real fast.

Poster - Eppo(westozzy) to Wishy

Posted 24/01/2013, 11:56 am
Ah wishy that's not fair give me a "year" on the edge first, you'd kick my ass for sure. But I'd love to go out with ya and "learn" how its done man.
I reckon I'd go an 8m catalysts before a 7m edge. Not sure yet.

Hey that looks like someone whos been kiteing for "14 seasons" - still doesnt know how to jump "big" - but very good at writing 'big' longwinded fairytale posts about Big Jump kites you have no skill on.

Stop Bullshitting yourself and leave it for the guys who do know :cool2:

That was just one cut n paste trick - I'll save the others about 'board technique for jumping' and what the Epic Screamer riders said for later... if you really want your Ozone buds to read them too ?

Heres a pic with the 10m Screamer LTD on what I call an average day - average height... nothing special
Attachments
Nice jump.jpg
Nice jump.jpg (52.76 KiB) Viewed 1518 times

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Kite2Heaven wrote:
Westozzy wrote: Here is some evidence that may or may not point to some semblance of the truth.

Short memory huh - only one month ago,you posted this :thumb:

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kite ... -today-WA/

Australian seabreeze Forum

Poster - Wishy(an Edge rider) to Eppo (Westozzy)

Posted 24/01/2013, 9:50 am

We still need to have an 11m edge boost off.
How about the 5th, 6th, or 7th February if the wind comes in.
I will get a 7m one for winter. Sh!t is going to get real scary, real fast.

Poster - Eppo(westozzy) to Wishy

Posted 24/01/2013, 11:56 am
Ah wishy that's not fair give me a "year" on the edge first, you'd kick my ass for sure. But I'd love to go out with ya and "learn" how its done man.
I reckon I'd go an 8m catalysts before a 7m edge. Not sure yet.

Hey that looks like someone whos been kiteing for "14 seasons" - still doesnt know how to jump "big" - but very good at writing 'big' longwinded fairytale posts about Big Jump kites you have no skill on.

Stop Bullshitting yourself and leave it for the guys who do know :cool2:

That was just one cut n paste trick - I'll save the others about 'board technique for jumping' and what the Epic Screamer riders said for later... if you really want your Ozone buds to read them too ?

Heres a pic with the 10m Screamer LTD on what I call an average day - average height... nothing special
I would say that is pretty average on the Edge when powered.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 pm

k2h: what in your mind is "going big"? most riders i see that go big are getting 20 maybe 30 feet of air on a good day. on my best day i think i have gotten 25-30 ft.....maybe. to me that is "going big". to you probably not.

doesn't mean i can't talk about a kite's ability to "go big" though does it? most people are not getting anywhere close to maximum performance out of their gear, but somehow we manage to still get a feel for what the kite is good at.

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:04 pm

someone put up some photos or video of the edge jumping.... please.... :D :D :D

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:31 pm

Ho hum K2H.

The post you put up of mine. It's called being humble mate something you don't seem to possess. Wishy has been known for many years to put up kite sizes 3 or 4 bigger than everyone else. He is an animal I was giving him his due respect. If I lived in Perth I'd be out there with him no probs.

Hey that jump isn't so bad either guys. I've seen wishy though go much much bigger. Lol.

Here's an olive branch though K2H. I like it that you are keeping it real looking for big air and pushing the boundaries of this. we are the same animal using who enjoy a different kite.

For the last time. The screamer does indeed jump big! I was out in 25 plus when I rode it and yep it packs an immense punch. But didn't like the overal feel of the wing.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 am

Westozzy wrote:
For the last time. The screamer does indeed jump big! I was out in 25 plus when I rode it and yep it packs an immense punch. But didn't like the overal feel of the wing.
whatever dude, stop bashing the screamer. you have no idea what you are talking about! leave the bs out of it and trust people who really "know". its like you dont even get how good of a rider "I AM".

oh, having problems with apparent wind, well get some "board skills". Its all the depower throw that you dont even get how noob you are. Try getting lifted on the beach with a old "hardcore" c kite and then come talk to me. You think your in "ozone land" but your not! try getting some better skills and then maybe you'll "get it".

trust me, i go big

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf

Postby Kite2Heaven » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:06 am

Yes Like I already wrote about the pic - avarage day average jump nothing special. Some comprehension skills Needed I think !
Writeing Bullshit on a Public forum is the easiest way to kick yourself in the ass - I'd be more careful in future !
Now please - dribble all you like in DAMAGE MODE.
Have nice day :)

poools81
Frequent Poster
Gear: ozone 13m and 9m

Postby poools81 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:52 am

less crying more vids! wanna see the new edges in action.

Return to “Kitesurfing”