Style: freestyle
Gear: F.One
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Info Kitesurfing in Lesvos,Greece

Postby Tomahawk77 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Hey guys

Can anyone give me some information about authorized kite spots in Lesvos;Greece?
I´m staying in Molivos for 2 months (August and September), i´m an experienced rider and will be using a 11 meter kite and any kind of water is good for me, flat, choppy or waves.

Thanks in advance

ivan-d
Rare Poster

Re: Info Kitesurfing in Lesvos,Greece

Postby ivan-d » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Can't help you with Lesbos, but there is a kiting spot in Ayvalik, Turkey, which should be a short ferry ride away from the island. This guy: http://www.alwayswindy.com/blog/ayvalik ... g-holiday/ manages the spot (no affiliation; just met him once, and he seemed like a nice bloke). Of course, you'll need to be able to enter Turkey on your passport, and there is the travel hassle.

johnakos
Rare Poster

Postby johnakos » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:10 am

I guess you can kite at the beach of molivos if the wind is north. I have never seen anyone kiting there though. I've kited once at kabos beach close to molivos and you can try sigri too. I think there is a club also there http://www.sigrisurf.com/index.php/en/. The summer spot at lesvos is Katia beach close to the airport but it is far from molivos about 50 km but the meltemi there realy rocks. Usualy the winds at August have north directions so u can kite also at nyfida beach. Hope you can try kite at molivos and give us a feedback about the conditions there. :thumb:

Tomahawk77
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Nova Vaga,Portugal
Lagoa de Albufeira,Portugal
Guincho, Portugal
Style: freestyle
Gear: F.One

Postby Tomahawk77 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Thanks a lot guys

I´ll try every spot i can and i will give you a feedback after, i just hope there will be some wind because here in Portugal the northwestern summer wind decided not to show up this year.

Return to “Kitesurfing”