Forum for kitesurfers
badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Re: why a cummerbund?

Postby badgb21 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:32 pm

The band makes it easy to put the harness on, but also stops the hook rubbing/wearing your wetsuit - well most of the time anyway.

Kev

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: why a cummerbund?

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:54 pm

badgb21 wrote:The band makes it easy to put the harness on, but also stops the hook rubbing/wearing your wetsuit - well most of the time anyway.

Kev
Agree, precisely put - and I think this is the only reason :thumb:

To hold the harness in place so easy to put on, and most of the time protecting too !

I hate those (often bulky) "bar pads" - and I always remove these, for me they are just in the way and "extra".

So without a bar pad, the spreader bar will be a nuisance if you had no cummerbund.

With a cummerbund, it is only very rare the spreader bar rides above and might scratch your stomach (or wetsuit), so no biggie and I prefer it simple like that.

:D Peter

Return to “Kitesurfing”