forum for kitesurfers
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 451
- Joined: Tue May 28, 2002 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 2000
- Style: Free ride,Freestyle, Foil and Surf.
- Gear: Kites: Cabrinha
Boards: Nobile, Aguera, Cabrinha ,Shinn
Harnesses: Dakine Ride Engine
- Brand Affiliation: www.silentsports.com
- Location: www.silentsports.com
Great Post Peter!
I remember riding at Kitebeach in Maui back in 2000. I was on a 7.5 Naish AR5 with a JL Pickle Fork. I was following Jimmy Lewis who was using the same board and a Wipika 2 line kite around 7m. He was edging so hard to stay in control. His butt was like dragging in the water edging so hard. I was just doing what we do today, more vert and using the CL to control the power. I just couldn't believe that would be fun at all(what He was doing). Flash Austin goes out on an 11.5 AR5 and I could not believe the kite control he had. It was amazing! The AR5 was a glimpse at the future.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:13 pm
- Kiting since: 1999
- Local Beach: Dolphin beach, Big Bay,
Golfinho hotel, Cumbuco.
- Favorite Beaches: Dolphin beach.
Cumbuco, upwind of Golfinho hotel.
Taiba to Paracaru downwinder.
Rede beach at low tide.
- Style: Freeride
- Gear: Naish Parks and Pivots - Monarch TT
- Brand Affiliation: Owner Suntrax - Importer Naish Kitesuf South Africa.
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Anthony Berzack AR5 deadman - with a 2 line Wipi Classic ? looking on.
- Antony B AR5.jpg (19.72 KiB) Viewed 452 times
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 6906
- Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
- Kiting since: 0
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: Denmark
Awesome picture Brian
In fact I dont think I have ever seen a deadman that good - he actually looks "dead" - cool
It is quite evident in general, looking back at pictures/videos from the early 2000's and comparing to nowadays - that kites dont really jump higher today (and why should they ? Its plain simple physics) as back then.
Return to “Kitesurfing”