All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Corpus Cristi lKiters beware!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:32 am 
Medium Poster

There is a dishonest kiter in your town, a real snake in the grass. She is a recent transplant from Fort Myers and her name is Brooke Jansen, beware. I just bought a kite from her through ikitesurf classified. She advertised it as a 2015 Best Kahoona 13.5 M in new condition, and I verified with her that if it wasn't exactly as advertised I would send it back for a refund. She agreed.
Then she sent me 2014 Best Kahoona! WTF???
When I contacted her about it her only response was "you're crazy" period.
I contacted her again and told her I was wanted to send the kite back to her and wanted my money back( I sent her $810). She told me I have a nice kite and just go ahead and enjoy it. I told her once again this wasn't the deal and I was going to send the kite back to her for a refund.
She stated go ahead,"I will send you nothing"!!!
I knew I was fucked...
I totally did not trust her at this point, but I wanted to recoup some of my money and yet didn't want to send the kite back at that point cause then she'd have the kite and my money.
I offered her a way out, I told her I'd except $150 and she could have a nice life( I hated the bitch at this point...)
She told me she'd refund me $100 take it or leave it. I knew it was that or nothing so I took it.
She basically sold her soul for $50, had she sent me the full $150 I would still have been pissed but I wouldn't have written this letter about her.
I told her it's a small world and even smaller in the kiting community, I truly believe in Karma and what comes around goes around.
She didn't give a shit.
For all you trolls, I know the risk of buying online and have had many excellent deals over the years.
This thread is just a warning about a scumbag that cherishes money over honestly and she is out there among good people and will more than likely try to rip off other people.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Corpus Cristi lKiters beware!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:50 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Small world..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:25 am 
Very Frequent Poster

MY seller ; he treated me , "Completely different" !

I paid for a 15M Ozone edge ; and received a 15M, C-4. :(
I contacted the seller , and he told me to Keep-it ; the next day
the full amount of the purchase-price , (showed up in my PP account) !!! :D

YEA DUDE ; there IS hope, for humanity !! :thumb:

Hang in there buddy ; not All humans, are fucked.

Bille

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:34 pm 
Frequent Poster

I sympathize with your situation and hope Karma will prevail.
Were the kite colors the same in 2014 and 2015? A quick search on Google images usually allows a deduction of kite colors per year. (This assumes her ad had actual kite pics)
But man did you just send her $810 by way of check or something and not use PayPal?

kitepilot wrote:
There is a dishonest kiter in your town, a real snake in the grass. She is a recent transplant from Fort Myers and her name is Brooke Jansen, beware. I just bought a kite from her through ikitesurf classified. She advertised it as a 2015 Best Kahoona 13.5 M in new condition, and I verified with her that if it wasn't exactly as advertised I would send it back for a refund. She agreed.
Then she sent me 2014 Best Kahoona! WTF???
When I contacted her about it her only response was "you're crazy" period.
I contacted her again and told her I was wanted to send the kite back to her and wanted my money back( I sent her $810). She told me I have a nice kite and just go ahead and enjoy it. I told her once again this wasn't the deal and I was going to send the kite back to her for a refund.
She stated go ahead,"I will send you nothing"!!!
I knew I was fucked...
I totally did not trust her at this point, but I wanted to recoup some of my money and yet didn't want to send the kite back at that point cause then she'd have the kite and my money.
I offered her a way out, I told her I'd except $150 and she could have a nice life( I hated the bitch at this point...)
She told me she'd refund me $100 take it or leave it. I knew it was that or nothing so I took it.
She basically sold her soul for $50, had she sent me the full $150 I would still have been pissed but I wouldn't have written this letter about her.
I told her it's a small world and even smaller in the kiting community, I truly believe in Karma and what comes around goes around.
She didn't give a shit.
For all you trolls, I know the risk of buying online and have had many excellent deals over the years.
This thread is just a warning about a scumbag that cherishes money over honestly and she is out there among good people and will more than likely try to rip off other people.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:06 pm 
Frequent Poster

We see kite ads all the time with the wrong model year. Sellers often list the model year based on when they purchased the kite, assuming that the two are the same. Sometimes it's not an intentional screw-job, but an honest (but stupid) mistake based on a failed assumption.

Personally, I think sellers have a responsibility to do some research in advance of listing a kite for sale to make certain the information in the classified ad is correct. Especially in a case like this when there could be a significant difference in condition between a 2014 and 2015 kite.

Kitepilot, at least you got $100 back and stated your case on the forum. Time to move on and go kiting. :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:25 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I sell all my gear on ebay. I don't usually even bother trying to sell locally. I just can't take all the tire kickers.
Yes paypal and Ebay take fees but that's because they offer a service. A safer way to buy and sell and great exposure.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:53 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I started a fb page kitesurfing gear swap usa and its saturated with good kites from good people. Look on there! If you are nervous about a seller contact me first and i will verify their character. If i know them. a lot of the kites are from snowkiters and have never seen the beach.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

FLandOBX wrote:
We see kite ads all the time with the wrong model year. Sellers often list the model year based on when they purchased the kite, assuming that the two are the same. Sometimes it's not an intentional screw-job, but an honest (but stupid) mistake based on a failed assumption.

I would second that. Not really excusable, but predictable when companies release gear so far out of sync with the calendar. Loads of kiters don't understand how their gear works let alone the model year differences.

Having a look at both, there is almost no difference between 2014 and 2015 kahoonas. Even the marketing blurb fails to highlight any change. Certainly not enough to seriously impact your enjoyment of the kite. Far more important is the condition of the kite as advertised.

Was the 2014 kite she sent you in new condition?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:12 am 
Medium Poster

Thaks for the replies Guys,
I did pay her with paypal. I didn't even research if there is some kind of protection there for me.
The other thing about the whole deal is that the kite isn't all crispy and in new condition.
It's in good condition, but experienced kiters can definitely tell the difference. I'd day this kite has been used 25 times.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:02 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

You're golden if you used Paypal!!!

Get in touch with them ASAFP, you do have buyer protection I believe up until 30 days. They can Shop Vac the funds right back out of her account.

Don't roll over and take a shitty condition, year older kite. FIGHT this hag!

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next