Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New to Florida Kiteboaring. Confused and Frustrated!!

Forum for kitesurfers
prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Cabarete , Crondon Park Miami
Style: Free style
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New to Florida Kiteboaring. Confused and Frustrated!!

Postby prayfawind27 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:10 am

Your biggest problem is you’re too hot up! to learn, when you are in that state you will get ripped off with lessons, and will make un education decision on gear, which has already happen to you. What you’re doing now is the right step ,ask question and do research, but most importantly you need patients. My advice to you moving forward (even thought it can get boring) is to take your 2m kite and fly that thing properly and when I say properly I mean, learn how to pilot it using muscle memory alone, figure 8 isn’t piloting, you need to be able to fly that kite with your eyes close(literally)or not looking at it, practice to death 1 hand piloting keeping the kite at each point or the wind window for few seconds, from 8 o’clock – 3 o’clock do this until it becomes a natural motion, also do allot of high powered body dragging, meaning work the kite from one window to the next dragging yourself through/under/top of the water to the extreme , wash is in your face and mouth until you can’t see a thing or can’t tell up from down but you still can pilot your kite easily is key, the sweet thing about learning on such a tiny kite is it's super fast, so being able to pilot such a fast kite easily when you get on a bigger and slower kite it will be ABC to adjust . Take your time don’t rush it, If you can, do some wake boarding everyone I taught who knows how to wake board adjusted much easier and faster than people that hasn't. When you do another lesson, look up Chris from Miami kiteboarding, (www.miamikiteboarding.com) he's been teaching kiting so long even Moses and Jesus took lesson from him ;) ;D :lol: :lol: :lol: tell him you want the Prayfawind discount :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”