Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish mid-season catalog reveals no-strut kite!

Forum for kitesurfers
Gigi;)
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Naish mid-season catalog reveals no-strut kite!

Postby Gigi;) » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:01 am

If you'd read my 1st post in this thread I never did any discreditation, only my observations thru my work, what I've already been thru.

Maybe a good thread to continue objective talks is already here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2368536

The reality is that many of cool stuff everbody uses was already done or discovered independently, by hobbists and similar people, others just grabbed that ideas and wrapped it into something 'new'. That's happening everywhere not just inour sport and thats wrong if you ask me.

:bye:
tautologies wrote:
Thanks for a sober post.
I am actually not trying to discount anything, and definitely not their credentials. I respect all those guys a lot. On the other hand when I see someone like BRM work for something, it is a little discouraging to see the kites get discounted before they have even tried them. Same for the Trip kite for that matter. You know how small design changes it takes for a kite to be great.

Now it seems like Aumm has tried the 17 BRM, but his experience is contrary to the experience of another guy who quotes a much higher windrange, and it certainly was contrary to my experience on the 8 BRM. I am simply pointing that out....to be called a Naish pimp for that is completely removed from reality. Though I would say I have a history of affinity for Naish stuff.

I think it is a fair question to ask if they have tried the kite, and my intention is not to disrespect anyone. I think I made a tiny poke towards Bill..it was meant as a joke and I write so int he following post.

I really wish more companies would take risks. I think we would see some crazy stuff...that would lead to super cool innovations on the industry. It is more general philosophy of life I guess.

I actually think we should absolutely have a general discussion about the merits of the strutless concept...but I think that would be better served in a separate thread. I am convinced that this will be the next development in the industry. I might be overly excited and all that, but it is my opinion. I can see areas where that type of concept might not be ideal right now, but I think it could get there. Remember how much the SLE concept has developed over the years.

I am not paid by anyone for kiting one way or another..if you'd seen me kite you'd understand why lol. and I am not huge on conspiracy theories either...and I am not making any money off kiting..ask my wife... either way I find is silly that I am supposedly pimping anything in this thread..it is such a reach to say that....I have not tried the trip..but do believe in the concept. I guess time will show.

I actually do not know how things will develop, but I really do like the idea. My limited experience was good, and there are certain qualities of lightness that really appeal to me..especially for waveriding. I have not tried it with a TT. Yet.

I am sure more information will come out as the weeks pass by.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:54 am

Progression is good, there is always something that can be changed that hasn't been tried before and as we know there are an almost infinite amount of combinations on kites and many more new designs to come. I am thinking of doing an aerodynamics masters so I can get into kite design, i love that shit, trouble is actually finding a reasonably well paid job in it...

Go hard.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Starsky » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Not saying you get payed to kite, more wondering if you get paid to write.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Starsky wrote:Not saying you get payed to kite, more wondering if you get paid to write.
No. Not a cent.

Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!
Been thanked: 0

Postby Aummm » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:27 pm

BWD wrote:If I flew an envy prototype, and no other 3 strut kite
how much weight would my comments carry,
if I told you about all the qualities of the rpm, catalyst, and vector?
From the comments, I wonder if the strutless kites tested in the caribbean had too much of a delta shape? I know some french delta purveyors have been skulking about the caribbean lately...
In the end I expect each kite will have its own characteristics, and have different ways of addressing design compromises.
Looks like your ego could carry the whole world :naughty:
If You & Tout are aware of compromises and not taking out the strutless in a wide range and testing
how it goes upwind and how is the boosting than you guys are bringing nothing :angryfire:
BWD wrote:Yes Aummm probably just got lost on the way to the toilettes, and is letting loose on this thread.
Typo "letting Truth on this thread"
BWD wrote:He's mainly taking the piss, but it seems like the frenchies are bringing nothing.
Their kites are too floppy.
Low hanging fruit, but rotten.
To bad you have to attack me. I never said anything bad about another place.
I never said anything good or bad about another countries anyway.
I try so hard not to get wound up by the moronic drivel on this forum, but this thread takes the biscuit,
and playing stupid and lying when it comes to "Anal-ize" mid & high end of the strutless.
Anybody who likes this game has got SERIOUS problems and trespassing in my fantasies,
cause the vibration induced & high bar pressure is unacceptable with the Chopper Noise of all Present Strutless :!:
Besides that officially the 17 BRM's suggested upper range is 12 knots according who gave to us,
isn't that enough evidence itself if you you guys have any common sense :?: :noteeth:

You pussy crew need to put your balls in your pocket and “go and fly the kite” in all range for a change.
There is no harm surely in people creating an alter ego, and venting a little frustration.
Some of you are just winding people up to sqeeze more imformation.
Maybe we should call the next line of the strutless the "Anal Vision” cause some of you guys talking out of your ass,
and don't know what you're talking about, a joke being different in each country.
There are a lot of kooks on this forum (eg the Losers who support you),
but there are also a lot of hard-working decent ordinary people who LOATHE your aggro,
"better-than-you", judgmental bullsh!ters who triggered this as a straight response.

Thank you so much for sharing your supreme intellect :thumb:

PS. @Eree, Gigi, Starski and Bill Hansen, thank you to shed more lite about the Strutless
for the Wannabes :cheers: :outtahere:

Rixter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Where the wind blows

Postby Rixter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

OMG girls, stop whining, get back on topic and show some "Trip" pictures or movie.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:48 am

Rixter wrote:OMG girls, stop whining, get back on topic and show some "Trip" pictures or movie.

lol, I love how you started that sentence with OMG :thumb:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 am

I've also had a go on the Trip now. I like the kite. Anyone saying it has a limited range have not ridden this kite. The conditions yesterday was fluky to say the least. I would say the wind speed was between 0 to maybe 23 mph with some nuking gusts.

I rode the kite between 2 and 5.30 on the alaia and the 5'9'' skater (both strapless).

The canopy is tight, and the kite is super fun. My thought when I was riding it was...this is not a limited to vacation type kite. So far I have no problems recommending this is a primary kite.

This just confirms what I have said before with the BRM...I really believe in this concept.
There might of course be some confirmation bias in this, but that is to be expected. :thumb:
I will ride it more and let you know.

Note: I do not say there are not tradeoffs..just the the tradeoffs I have experienced so far does not seem to outweigh my perception of benefits.
Attachments
hon32713.gif
hon32713.gif (15.89 KiB) Viewed 2550 times

Phil
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Famara
Gear: Naish Slash 2017 9m & 7m, Firewire Vader 5'3, HB Lafayette 5'10

Postby Phil » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:46 pm

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:43 pm

Phil wrote::cool2:
http://www.thekiteboarder.com/2013/04/t ... less-kite/

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe
Positive review,anybody had it out wave riding,is it available and how much,TONY

Return to “Kitesurfing”