Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Whose Megaloops are better: Ruben, Youri, Jesse, Nick, Sam ?

Forum for kitesurfers
Detlef
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Cape Town, Cabarete, Cumbuco.
Gear: Kites: Best TS, Board: Best Armada
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Whose Megaloops are better: Ruben, Youri, Jesse, Nick, Sam ?

Postby Detlef » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 pm

In February we watched the Red Bull King of the Air in Cape Town with 24 invited well-known riders.
Now my video is ready and you can decide whose Big Air and Megaloops you like best.

King of the Air: Jesse, Nick, Sam, Youri, Ruben, ....

Detlef

kazama-fury
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Whose Megaloops are better: Ruben, Youri, Jesse, Nick, S

Postby kazama-fury » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:15 pm

In my honest opinion the loops of Ruben are just on another level then the other riders you mentioned.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:52 pm

ruben is the master of the megaloop smoothest rider out there,but severely underpowered, maybe he gained weight, lol

of course kevin langeree was the best, he threw a real nice kiteloop board off, bit of a helicopter loop but great style. Too bad kev lost his heat, otherwise he would have crushed the finals, that happens in tournaments. Nick Jacobson had an amazing one footer megaloop, incredibly powered, great style. Jesse of course had the biggest air, won the tournament no quarrel but he had the least style.

So, Kevin & Nick, best that day but I wasn't there, just from watching videos that what I got.

the_gmo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite-Beach, Cape Town, South Africa
Favorite Beaches: Kite-Beach, Cape Town
Style: Wakestyle, Wave
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Gypsy & Gambler
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii, Vanhunks

Postby the_gmo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:09 pm

Rubens loops are no doubt hard-core...but why no mention of Lewis C? He won the 2012 Megaloop Challenge and I'd say he loops as hard as Ruben.

I totally disagree that Jesse Richman had no style on the KotA. He's been boosting a massive variaty of moves, off-axis rotations at insane heights and landed everything smooth and fast. I recall one heat when he actually landed a massive air with several rotations into a wave throwing a couple of top- and bottom turns in for fun. IMHO seeing the whole event...he was the best rider of the day - most style, insane creativity, most fun to watch!

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:12 pm

the_gmo wrote:Rubens loops are no doubt hard-core...but why no mention of Lewis C? He won the 2012 Megaloop Challenge and I'd say he loops as hard as Ruben.

I totally disagree that Jesse Richman had no style on the KotA. He's been boosting a massive variaty of moves, off-axis rotations at insane heights and landed everything smooth and fast. I recall one heat when he actually landed a massive air with several rotations into a wave throwing a couple of top- and bottom turns in for fun. IMHO seeing the whole event...he was the best rider of the day - most style, insane creativity, most fun to watch!
Sweet, bro, being at the event is not the same as watching videos, hard to tell what Jesse was doing.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Detlef wrote:In February we watched the Red Bull King of the Air in Cape Town with 24 invited well-known riders.
Now my video is ready and you can decide whose Big Air and Megaloops you like best.

King of the Air: Jesse, Nick, Sam, Youri, Ruben, ....

Detlef
for sure you re not "hunting" Rubens megaloops ..... :roll:

Return to “Kitesurfing”