Forum for kitesurfers
lander
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha Crash testing kites

Postby lander » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:39 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Interesting to see to what level Pete and the crew at Cabrinha goes through to test the durability of the kites. The slow motion video is cool to see how much the LE flexes and absorbs the impact. I guess this is one time where pulling in on the bar at impact is OK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-nSeWe ... r_embedded
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
Yes it is incredible to see how different companies test the durability of their kites. This is how we do ours.

God damm I laughed ;) Good humor. Maybe waste of kite ? But I like it dont have to be that serious all the time ;)

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:39 am

That's a heck of a way to justify buying an expensive camera... wonder if that'll work with the Minister of Finance?

"Hey Mrs Kami, I want to buy a GoPro3 Black Edition so I can film me crashing my kites until they break in super-HD and slo-mo... pass the credit card?"

:lol:

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:10 am

So is the point of this video that Cabrinha kites are warranted against damage if they are tomahawked deliberately into the water or sand?

Return to “Kitesurfing”