Local Beach: Mykonos-Greece
Style: Old School
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Advise for North EVO 2013.

Postby Mahadev » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise if the EVO is good for old school tricks?Also what about the hangtime compare to FUSE?
I am very close to buy EVO but i want to hear your advise also.

Thanks a lot in advance

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Re: Advise for North EVO 2013.

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:06 pm

I don't do a lot of jumping, so I'm not the best guy to ask, but the feedback I've gotten is that the 2013 Evo has improved most significantly in 2 categories... top end and jumping. I can attest to the top-end being better. However, historically the Fuse has been the highest jumping kite in the NKB range, so it may be slightly better at jumping than the Evo, but I don't know anyone who has had a chance to test the 2013s back to back, and since the Evo was already pretty good and has improved this year, it will for sure be a contender.

Your best bet, as always, is to try to demo them first.

-Dan

WndRdr
Medium Poster

Postby WndRdr » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:49 pm

I have tried Fuse 16, Evo's 10 and smaller and some Rebels. Jumping with Fuse felt a bit like jumping with a Rebel that has the bar feeling of the Evo. So I will make assumption that also smaller Fuses are also a bit like Rebels in sent jumps.

Rebel has a bit more hangtime than Evo so I guess Fuse has more hangtime than Evo but 2013 Evo is getting close to those two other kites. With Rebel you need to time the jump more accurately to get it go big and so it is with Fuse. Evo is real simple sent and it jumps and timing the jump to get high is easier in all conditions.

In a jump Rebel and Fuse have a bit smoother/softer lift up than Evo. With Evo it is much more easier to feel how high you go as it gives a lift up that you can feel. All of these kites have soft landing but they require a bit different techniques when and how fast the kite is required to be flow forward to soften the landing.

As a summary if we just compare hangtime Fuse has a light edge on there. However it comes down to the overall feeling on the bar, turning speed etc. and in there Evo got my points.

Mahadev
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Mykonos-Greece
Style: Old School

Postby Mahadev » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:57 pm

Thank you very much dear friends. If anyone else has something more to add always welcome.
KITE FOR LIFE!!!!

RDM
Frequent Poster

Postby RDM » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Anybody try the bigger Evos yet (12-14), wondering if there any better than the 2012`s..... :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”