Cab Driver
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: Twintip Races - good or bad?

Postby Cab Driver » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:31 pm

eree wrote:boots, mp3 players and boardshorts over wetsuits are obligatory

Please, please, please, can we dispense with the boardshorts over the wetsuits? Please!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:49 pm

I think there would be box rules like for the meassurements and how many fins.
So no middle fin possible...

And for kites would be no restrictions..

The main idea is the fun. And it will help to get more riders into the main class...but the introduction to racing will be much easier!

bustingbladder
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby bustingbladder » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:25 pm

marina wrote:it's time for BoarderX to make a reappearance! Back in the day before racing took off, BoarderX was super exciting/fun for participants and spectators alike.

Totally agree Marina! Gator here in Seattle, hope things are kicking on your side. In the Cabrinha NW Race Series at jetty Island, we ran both TT and race classes. Wanted to do a boarderX type course for the TT'pers to hit at the same time I have the racers doing a nice long course! One big start line with a large bouy in the middle to separate the courses. Committee boat operates from the center with racers starting on both sides. Cool for the spectators and lets face it this is a big thing when going to an event. Has no chance at the Olympics like the race class does but gass roots events like this need to be done IMHO. I just love the stuff! Everyone has a chance to get involved and have a ton of fun riders and spectators. Gator in on BoarderX

See you at KB4C Marina

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 pm

This is all about attitude. I am participating in a race I do not care as much about everybody else as I do about my own performance. I like to compete, but I am no pro so I am trying to improve while not making too many mistakes. Also when people try to get ahead using borderline allowable stuff makes them look sillier when it does not work. ;-)

Racign on TT are so fun on the downwind leg...so out of control.

TT races is and should be considered the leisure class...relax and have fun with it.

I could care less if some dude comes with huge fins..the funny thing is that the great kiteboarders seems to win still. It was super funny when Flash smoked people with huge fins on directional boards with a TT :-)

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:20 am

I could build a TT that would "smoke" just about every other TT in an upwind leg, especially in light wind. Simply grab a sheet of 10-12mm marine ply, cut out a TT shape and screw on some straps. Paint it if you want. Use ordinary ply if you want lighter but it won't last as long. Total cost is less than $50 not including pads and straps.

The only arms races you need to guard against is retractable centre fins. That's easy enough to make a rule against.

Return to “Kitesurfing”