4 (+1) Main questions:
- - What would be the most critical developments for the future of kiteboarding?
- Where are the weak points in a kite?
- Where are the strong points in a kite?
- What would make kiteboard much better (this can be unrealistic)?
- Other ideas you want to explore?
Initially all points are valid, but if you can back up your claim with numbers and resources it is even better.
I am considering doing a study of the future of kiteboarding. The purpose would be to inform the industry (and anyone interested), and have us riders benefit by some leapfrogging of technology. Initially I am thinking of setting up a normative study, but I am considering adding a little more detail and provide a quantitative forecast for the future. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please do not hesitate to either post it in this thread or PM me.
If we as riders can provide a lot of information, I can set it up to do a quantitative study and invite industry to participate. If you want to PM me ideas and questions I can post it in the thread anonymously. If this gains some traction, the results would be accessible for anyone that participate.
Please keep any brand / specific kite out of this thread. We are talking in general here. No personal attacks please.