Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: How do you want to be treated?

Postby Westozzy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 am

Dirk you needed to follow with what a kook I am, full of shit, can't kite, haven't a clue what I'm talking about and you need to take a good hard look in the mirror because you are a waste of space...etc etc then you are getting close to what tautology is talking about.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 pm

Westozzy wrote:...
Hey, I know what you mean. I generally wait with replying in heated discussions because I don;t really want to escalate things. Threads where we yell at eachother causes nothing but stress.
They can be kind of fun and funny in some sad and weird way, but there is nothing to gain from it.

Either way I gotta get some water time this weekend.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:52 pm

tautologies wrote:
ronnie wrote:It works best if people attack the argument and not the person.
Exactly. :thumb:
SO -- what would you guys do with people like "Fokiten" ; where
the argument WAS me, and the Only reason for his post ?

(i should be ashamed for knowingly using a upper-case F) ; that
would infer that i haven't fully grasped what you guys are saying here ...

OK -- so the Tone is just as important as the words & content ; it
shouldn't Bother me, and the "Source" should be considered Before
the Response. Now That i CAN understand !! --- And will do more than
just Try to watch my reactions, in the future ; i'm gonna actually "do" something
about my temperament .

Bille

Marty
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Marty » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Bille wrote: SO -- what would you guys do with people like "Fokiten"
Bille
Fo is an easy one,

#1 admit your a fukwad at the begining of any post.
#2 Stay on topic, nothing personal.
#3 enjoy the entertaining prose within the posts.

Marty
(not Fo, Marty)

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Taut is the Gandhi of Kiteforum!! :)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:22 am

Oldnbroken wrote:Taut is the Gandhi of Kiteforum!! :)
lol, no this is a purely matter of efficiency for me. I can be a troll, and I can be abusive if I want to, but it really serves no purpose. I am, however, really interested in discussing kiting technology and technique, and discussions where we're all just in a huge clusterfuck of abuse never really enlightens anyone.

Billie: I think whenever you get what I would call "a fan" the best way to avoid it is by ignoring. It can be hard, but it is way way easier than engaging in any kind of discussion.

It is like the kid who wants attention and acts out. The only time I will engage is when I find it amusing. One such fan I had was an importer of a different brand who posted under a different name and had a hardon for my affinity of Naish and would post pretty much after every single post I made. I called him out on it (so he and I understood that I knew who he was, but no one else, and that was the end of it). I really don't care too much though.

I just think that people who gets irritated will overall have a worse time doing what they are supposedly liking. Like that guy who so so irritated about another poster that he sent him a PM about what a bad person the other guy was for taking stoke away... Absolutely mindnumbingly ironic. I don't understand how he could not see that.

Here is one for you Old
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
Mahatma Gandhi

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:50 am

I guess I'm old school and think forums should be FUN. When I began kiting, it was a great source of info, and a place to bust your buddies balls after a good session. :D
In fact, FKSA used to be so much fun that people would race home from the beach to see what someone posted- it was really THAT good! Quite a few of us had 'characters' or roles that we played to keep it fun (moderators included). :rollgrin:

Then came the gear pimps, and with that came political correctness. People trying to make a quick buck in the biz no longer wanted to joke around, they wanted to sue you for slander if you called them out on something.There were also moderators who looked out for their friends and would edit or delete your post. :nono

These days, forums are all but dead. The gear pimps and irresponsible industry folks simply quit posting- that only caused more problems.

With regard to this forum, I have done plenty of ball busting- some deserving, and some not. I also have come to respect quite a few people on here ( including nearly everyone posting in this thread) simply because they call it like they see it, and aren't afraid to tell you about it. Fo is pretty much the master of pissing people off, has a twisted writing style, and often has a good message buried in there somewhere- providing you can look past the insults and decipher WTF he is talking about. :P

My advice for forums has always been to read it like a newspaper, you just have to figure out which section the post belongs in. Sometimes it's the business section, sometimes the news, and sometimes the comics. If you read people's post's in a certain 'voice' it can also add a lot to the entertainment value. :thumb:

Either way, we are all here for the same thing- because we love, live, and breathe kiteboarding!

-Your friendly neighborhood ball buster
www.kiteboardingtampabay.com

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:57 am

tautologies wrote: lol, no this is purely a matter of efficiency for me.
I can be a troll, and I can be abusive if I want to, but it really serves no purpose.
Here is one for you Old
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
Mahatma Gandhi
Taut - You are still getting credit for your peace making efforts, modesty or not.
When my son was four, he told his very stubborn father, that his heart felt stronger when he forgave his older sister
.......blew my mind.
The boy is 28 years old and still display's his mother's heart for forgiveness, thankfully. :remybussi:

Attila
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Attila » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 am

It's not easy to deal with insults. Here's a good Buddhist story. Basically: an insult (and all its negativity) belongs to the insulter until the insulted "accepts" the insult. All you have to do is not to accept the insult. It's easier said than done, but like with many things in life, if you're trying your getting there.

One day Buddha was walking through a village. A very angry and rude young man came up and began insulting him. "You have no right teaching others," he shouted. "You are as stupid as everyone else. You are nothing but a fake."

Buddha was not upset by these insults. Instead he asked the young man "Tell me, if you buy a gift for someone, and that person does not take it, to whom does the gift belong?"

The man was surprised to be asked such a strange question and answered, "It would belong to me, because I bought the gift."

The Buddha smiled and said, "That is correct. And it is exactly the same with your anger.

If you become angry with me and I do not get insulted, then the anger falls back on you.

You are then the only one who becomes unhappy, not me. All you have done is hurt yourself."

"If you want to stop hurting yourself, you must get rid of your anger and become loving instead. When you hate others, you yourself become unhappy. But when you love others, everyone is happy."

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:04 am

One of the funniest things I've ever read on this forum.

" I have a way with words and sometimes in the past I have been a bully without being personal. I'm trying to stop that to. "

Return to “Kitesurfing”