All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: liquid force kite bar and compatability
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:36 am 
Medium Poster

guys i bought a liquid force kit bar and lines year 2013 CPR system, in hatteras in the fall, i want to use it for my Slingshot t3 2008 14m kite and my 2008 cabrinha switchblade 10M, is this bar and line compatible? Is there a way of knowing there are or not? the guy in Hatteras told me it would be fine? i am going away, and dont want to find out, while i am down there it will not.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: liquid force kite bar and compatability
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:41 am 
Very Frequent Poster

keegster17 wrote:
guys i bought a liquid force kit bar and lines year 2013 CPR system, in hatteras in the fall, i want to use it for my Slingshot t3 2008 14m kite and my 2008 cabrinha switchblade 10M, is this bar and line compatible? Is there a way of knowing there are or not? the guy in Hatteras told me it would be fine? i am going away, and dont want to find out, while i am down there it will not.

Typically most bars use all 4 lines even length at full power. Do you have a bar which you used with these kites that worked that you could check to see if that is what they are?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:17 am 
Medium Poster

yes i have both bars, but want to just use the new one for now on my trip.How can i check? sorry newbie.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am 
Very Frequent Poster

2008 was a year that kite manufacturers were crazy about using a 2:1 pulley bar this is a bar that means you have twice the bar pressure makes the kite turn quicker tho. As a fad it was over by 2010 thank goodness because it wore out your elbows something terrible.

All modern bars are regular plain 1:1 non-pulley systems. So the only question is whether or not any of your kites need a 2:1 pulley system. As far as I can tell, the cabrinha lineup for the 2008 year had the crossbow but not the switchblade requiring a 2:1 bar, so I think you are fine there. The slingshot t3 I believe had a bridle mod that let you switch between 2:1 and 1:1. So that's the only question.

Which bars have you been using on your kites already? Have you been using a pulley bar? A pulley bar is a control bar with two big pulleys on the right and left leaders they make a W shape and tie into the swivel.

Your 2013 LF control bar will work with every other kite you want to fly that is 2010 or later. It's only between 2006 and 2008 there were so many of those awful kites that required pulley bar control bar systems.

If you have been using a non pulley control bar with your current kites then you are good to go.

Oh and check your ends, the liquid force kites want the kite to have a loop on the bridle and a knot on the steering lines (from the kite side). If your kites aren't already set up that way you'll need some pigtails to switch the gender of the knots and loops.

Since you have already been flying both kites with a single bar I'm pretty sure you are set for equal line lengths already.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:42 am 
Medium Poster

ok sorry not good at this... the slingshot T3 bar has Pulleys on the bar, the Cabrinha does not? does this help answer the question?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 am 
Very Frequent Poster

keegster17 wrote:
ok sorry not good at this... the slingshot T3 bar has Pulleys on the bar, the Cabrinha does not? does this help answer the question?

Yes. They are not compatible. You will have to bring two bars, the pulley bar for the T3 and either the cab bar for your cab kite or the new LF bar for the cab kite.

The T3 as configured requires a pulley bar which the new LF bar doesn't have.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:20 am 
Medium Poster

So what makes it different? Maybe its obvious, just not to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:10 am 
Very Frequent Poster

keegster17 wrote:
So what makes it different? Maybe its obvious, just not to me.

when you pull the bar on a 2:1 bar, the distance of the lines travels twice as far as the bar. That's why he's called 2:1 because the lines travel twice as far as the bar does. This also doubles the bar pressure.

If you tried to use a T3 with a normal bar it will barely turn at all in the sky.

There's no harm to the kite if you try it, go fly it with a normal bar you'll see immediately what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:37 am 
Medium Poster

edt wrote:
Oh and check your ends, the liquid force kites want the kite to have a loop on the bridle and a knot on the steering lines (from the kite side). If your kites aren't already set up that way you'll need some pigtails to switch the gender of the knots and loops.

This is true, but if i'm not mistaken...the 2013 CPR bar has a reversible pigtail at the end of the lines and a 3m line extension.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:59 pm 
Medium Poster

mdsniper so what does this mean?

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next