Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The Surf kite from Epic Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Surf kite from Epic Kites

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:23 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:
Bob Marley wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:Now you understand why the magazines said: "THE SURF IS IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN".

Because that's what you paid them to put in the "review"? :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :o

You should give it a try but you must know to ride waves so you can judge by yourself.. :wink:

As Dimitri said it is a sold out kite.I m a teamrider/rep for Epic and i was forced to wait 4 months to have a demo kite since there is no one left to buy.

Dont be another hater/basher. :nono: Just try it and write an honest review.Nobody said that it is the best kite that you can buy .

Just try it before you buy another kite.

Ok I have two questions...

1. How much is it? :o 2. Where are the pics of guys unhooked in the waves with it? :lol:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Not sure why I'm bothering to reply 'cos I'm sure your just angling for something more than just an answer but..

1/. Prices on the Epic website
(and ours)
2/. Do many still unhook? Didn't seem like it at Dakhla PKRA at least but seeing how stable it is and how the other Epic's unhook I'm sure it will do just fine should anyone choose too.

:thumb:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 pm

windsuks wrote:Not sure why I'm bothering to reply 'cos I'm sure your just angling for something more than just an answer but..

1/. Prices on the Epic website
(and ours)
2/. Do many still unhook? Didn't seem like it at Dakhla PKRA at least but seeing how stable it is and how the other Epic's unhook I'm sure it will do just fine should anyone choose too.

I dont wanna go to the epic site. Just tell me how much it is. :roll:

I unhook on waves and am skeptical these flat bridle kites can fly unhooked good. Every one Ive tried was shit for unhooking. And I dont want to start hooking in. Thats like putting training wheels on a mountain bike. :nono:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Quite frankly if you can't be arsed to go to the website why should anyone be arsed to reply to you?
:lol:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:13 pm

This is the quality of wave riding from the guy arguing the fine points of kites and waves and is critical of every other kiter on this forum and all the pros.

Oh, that's right...he pulled all his vids because after many saw this one, they realized Bob (Sean) has a very, very skewed image of himself on the water.
Hide the evidence Bob (Sean), wouldn't want people seeing the truth.
By the way Bob, have you seen video of Marc (Windsuks) or Dimitri kitesurfing?
Again, you look like a mouthy ignorant child.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Ok then. I take it its expensive and cannot fly unhooked or my simple questions would have been answered. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: No need for me to visit the epic website. :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:52 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:This is the quality of wave riding from the guy arguing the fine points of kites and waves and is critical of every other kiter on this forum and all the pros.

Oh, that's right...he pulled all his vids because after many saw this one, they realized Bob (Sean) has a very, very skewed image of himself on the water.
Hide the evidence Bob (Sean), wouldn't want people seeing the truth.
By the way Bob, have you seen video of Marc (Windsuks) or Dimitri kitesurfing?
Again, you look like a mouthy ignorant child.

Your boy dimitri just posted pics of him kiting in this thread. He sucks. :nono:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Hello Bob Marley.
Ok give me few hours and I will post some pictures of unhooking on the SURF kite while wave riding in the surf, because this is how I usually surf. I unhook 80% of the time while on the wave unless I'm way over powered. Because this when the true feeling of surfing comes in. But again, pictures won't really show the actually action of unhooking on the wave while the kite just seats there. But the video I am working on will show the true action of the performance of the SURF kite in the waves while unhooking. I will post some pictures while I am finishing the new SURF kite video.
So if you don't mind, give me few hours because I am in the plane on my way back from Puerto Rico.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:52 pm

My question is why humour this guy? One of the biggest complaints about Epic kite threads is the flame wars that take place. Ignore his posts (or the countless others that pop up from time to time) and don't play their games. Keep the content on the kites and who cares what Bob thinks (I don't nor do the majority on these forums)! Putting up videos for this guy isn't going to make a difference.... Relegate him to the useless forum troll list and keep your focus to what matters.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster

Postby Bob Marley » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:16 am

soul19 wrote:My question is why humour this guy? One of the biggest complaints about Epic kite threads is the flame wars that take place. Ignore his posts (or the countless others that pop up from time to time) and don't play their games. Keep the content on the kites and who cares what Bob thinks (I don't nor do the majority on these forums)! Putting up videos for this guy isn't going to make a difference.... Relegate him to the useless forum troll list and keep your focus to what matters.

Because if the kite is shit for unhooked wave riding I aint buying one no matter what all the magazines say. :nono: Do you wanna sell a kite or not?

Return to “Kitesurfing”