Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The Surf kite from Epic Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Surf kite from Epic Kites

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:28 am

Working on the SURF 8M prototype here in Prasonisi "Rhodos". I think we are very close to the final sample.
Attachments
DSC_0088 17.jpg
Momi and Dimitri working on the Surf 8.jpg
DSC_0105 15.jpg
DSC_0046 20.jpg
Momi and Dimitri checking the adjustments on the SURF 8 prototype.jpg
DSC_0049 18.jpg
DSC_0034 22.jpg

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:46 am

The forth pic above has a woman with her breastezez out.
Must be getting ready for a naked Epic Surf X Kite ad! :lol:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:34 am

Must be in europe somewhere...don' think it will make the sexy picture thread one feels...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:41 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I did not even know I took that picture until I downloaded on my computer. The reason I posted this picture was to see if you guys pay more attention to the kite or to.... I guess we are all humans after all.
:thumb:

Drew22
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tpa
Been thanked: 0

Postby Drew22 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:51 pm

Dimitri,

I am in the market for replacing my Renegades and really wanna go to a dedicated surf kite. I am interested in the Surf but its been all pictures talk and one mediocre vid at best. Can we get a vid show casing this kite? Can we see it drift in action and also running at the kite on the beach maybe even doing it unhooked also if you can. Really can we just see the kite do its thing not in pictures.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:38 pm

Dimitri,
I am in the market for replacing my Renegades and really wanna go to a dedicated surf kite. I am interested in the Surf but its been all pictures talk and one mediocre vid at best. Can we get a vid show casing this kite? Can we see it drift in action and also running at the kite on the beach maybe even doing it unhooked also if you can. Really can we just see the kite do its thing not in pictures.
Hello Drew22. The RENEGADE is a great kite for the waves. Every surfer that I met do love the RENEGADE for surfing. Any way the SURF kite will be 100% for just the waves but again we are still working on the prototypes because I did not like few minor things the kite was doing but we are getting very close to the final version. The next pictures you will see will be the final look of the SURF with the actual graphics. And will do a video of the kite so you can see how it performs in the surf, how it relaunches, how it drift down the wave especially unhooked. We are expecting to get the next prototype of the SURF 5/8/12 with the graphics in 2 weeks.
Give me at least 28 days because right now I am traveling doing some demos in Greece.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:43 am

Sorry for the delay on showing you the final look of the SURF kite. We are almost at the end of our final prototypes and wanted to share some of these pictures.
As you already know the SURF will come in 5/8/12 meters. And in the bag you will have an extra set of 18 meter lines for best result in the waves. Plus you can see from the pictures bellow that the bag will have few extra side pockets so you can store your Wax and your set of Fins.
Attachments
IMG_3598.jpg
DSC_0333.jpg
DSC_0021 1.jpg
DSC_0222 4.jpg
DSC_0412.jpg
DSC_0060 5.jpg
DSC_0074 4.jpg
DSC_0091 1.jpg
DSC_0164 3.jpg
IMG_3577 7.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Hello guys,
I've had a lot of people asking when the SURF 12/8/5 meters will be out in the market!!!!
Well in order to bring you the best performing kite for the waves Momi and I need more time so we can bring you something that will blow your mind once you get the kite in your hands and venture in the surf. So in few words, we are still working on finishing few more details to make this kite top notch for the surf. But in the mean while here are some pictures testing the SURF 5m prototype kite during a storm. We are almost there and I think we should have something ready by January.

P.S. The Life Vest I am wearing was given to me by my good friend Maverick legendary surfer Jeff Clark so I can test it in case something happens.
Attachments
GPV-56 7.jpg
Dimitri with the 5m SURF.jpg
GPV-19 3.jpg
GPV-5 14.jpg
GPV-5 14.jpg (122.43 KiB) Viewed 1361 times
Dimitri testing his new SURF prototpe.jpg
Dimitri on the 5m SURF with the REEF 6.jpg
GPV-59 9.jpg
GPV-6 - Version 3.jpg
GPV-6 - Version 3.jpg (70.75 KiB) Viewed 1361 times

underwaterbears
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Outer Banks
Style: Everything
Gear: RRD visions
Been thanked: 0

Postby underwaterbears » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 am

Dimitri, I cant beleave you went out that day!!!!! thats crazy!!! those pictures dont even do justice to the wave hight and just how gnarly the ocean and wind was that day, gust to 50mph, surfing! You have a lot of confidance in your kite and big nugs. awesome pics!

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:33 pm

underwaterbears wrote: You have a lot of confidance in your kite and big nugs
That's what happens over time when kitesurfing near Nugs Head Cape Hatteras

It's not so much that they are big.....it's that he once told us he has 3 of them......nuts that is

The average between 2 & 4 :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”