Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The Surf kite from Epic Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:48 pm

Epic News:

Hello guys sorry for starting a new topic about this. But Momi and I have been working on few ideas for the past year and this is one of them. Just wanted to share this idea so maybe any surfers can share their inputs even if they don't ride any EPIC kites or boards.
Yes we are coming out with a kite designed only for SURFING. And it's going to be called: "The SURF".
So if you are a pure surfer and all you like is surfing, then the "SURF" will be your weapon for the waves. This kite will come in 5/8/12 meters. We are not sure about 12 meters yet. But this is an idea.
We are still working on the prototypes but will let you know more when we are close for the release date. Wait until you see the graphics.
:naughty:
Attachments
KiteForum March 2013 Banners Surf comming soon.jpg

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The SURF kite from Epic Kites

Postby windsuks » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Ahh I can't wait to try them....and I'm guessing Jeroen has also worked his usual magic with the graphics too!

Absolutely love the 5 & 7m Renegades (even the 9m too) for the surf so I'm wondering how your going to improve on them even further!?

Slightly deeper profile to start with and increased drift I'm guessing?

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:42 pm

i love this idea. It better positions the Renegade as the kite that will do it all....the crossover kite if you will. The Screamer Jumps amazing, the Surf is amazing on waves and the Renegade will do them well....rounding out the line with the Racer and the Judge. Looks like Epic has all of the specific needs covered then offers the Renegade for guys like me that don't really have a specialty but likes to do everything. Although I can't wait to take my new S10 to the atmosphere this summer.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:35 pm

maybe start the thread when you have a pic of the kite!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Yes you are correct Mr.Starsky, but the reason I started this thread is so I can get as many inputs from you guys so I can incorporate into the SURF kite that we are working on. Plus now people know that the name "SURF" is taken by EPIC kites as our wave kite.
My wave kite is the RENEGADE, but the RENEGADE is also an amazing all around kite that was designed for an all around kiter, from jumping to wave riding to freestyle to wake style.
So the SURF kite has some ideas of the RENEGADE kite but better suited for the waves. So it won't be a kite for jumping or for freestyle, it will be a kite for people that are looking to venture in the waves and also for teaching because of its lower aspect ratio.
The SURF will be able to stay further back in the window then the RENEGADE, SCREAMER or the JUDGE. The SURF kite will be a very fast turning kite, very fast pivoting on its axis and very fast relaunch kite, because we all know when a kite falls in the waves, you want it up and out of the water as soon as possible.
So in few words these are some of the things the SURF kite will have. So if people did like the RENEGADE for the waves then I am 100% sure they are in for a treat with the SURF kite we are coming out.
:thumb:

handy
Medium Poster
Gear: wave
Brand Affiliation: ahcustoms.ch

Postby handy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:41 pm

just copy the REO, best wave kite ever !

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Been thanked: 0

Postby Geronimo79 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:51 pm

handy wrote:just copy the REO, best wave kite ever !
Its currently one of the best kites EVAH.. But momi is working his magic so lets see how he suprises everyone. The Renegade has always been a good wave kite aswell. personally i didnt see a full surfkite comming since the renegade is so good already.

But i guess there is a market for full Waveriding and i think Momi will deliver something specially for that which may even suprise you Handy.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:59 pm

handy,
I have tried the REO kite and it's a very nice kite, but I want something even better for the waves and this is the reason why we coming up with the SURF kite. Have you tried the RENEGADE kites for the waves? Because that is a great kite for the waves also. But I want something even better just for waves.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:18 pm

So let me get it straight. Your gonna built a kite. Your gonna name it the surf and its gonna be even better in the surf.

Oh and Im right that you shoulda waited until you have a kite before starting the thread.... but you just wanted to get the name out there?

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Surely that read - even better in the surf than the Renegade! :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”