All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Places to stay South Padre Island
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:04 pm 
Rare Poster

Hiya

Any recommendations for cheap places to stay with good wifi on South Padre, also close enough to the kite spots so that I won't need a car?

I plan to stay for up to 6 weeks (from Oct) maybe so could check in somewhere initially then potentially rent an apartment? I am used to DR prices so ideally something budget but clean and functional.

Suggestions most welcome and thank you :-)

Caroline

PS I also like to be sociable and am travelling alone so ideally not somewhere where I'll be too caged up and away from the action!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Places to stay South Padre Island
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:12 am 
Very Frequent Poster

kiting on the gulf is all the way from the jetty to La Quinta hotel. there are tons of hotels/condos on the beach or a block or 2 away. you can enter the water almost anywhere.

if you like flat water then it's a bit more concentrated to a couple spots. but will be hard to not have a car so make some kiting friends.

you could probably get by with no car on the gulf side but the bay would be some hiking. also, you might be a bit disappointed with 'the action' as SPI is either very calm or spring break drunken overload (unless you meant the kiting action which is good most of the time except now).

[ 2 posts ]