Newsletter Issue 3/2013

- The new Dyno is out!
- The new Race LTD 69 is out!
- North Team scores in Egypt!
- Make my day New Zealand

north 1.jpg
north 1.jpg (50.36 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
Welcome to the world of speed!

All racers amongst us will be happy to hear the newest Dyno and the newest race boards are available in your local store up from now! If you want to win, don't hesitate and get your gear now. If you're looking for a fun lightwind kite, you should also test the Dyno, even on twintips, it gets you going in the lightest breeze. Not convinced? Have a look at the newest racing results from Egypt. We're always happy to see the amazing variety of our sport, and are happy to present you part III of Jérémie Eloy's trip to New Zealand! Hope you'll enjoy it!

Your North Kiteboarding Team

The new Dyno is out!

Speed has a new dimension. The new Dyno is out and has proven its performance already in the first races. We built you the tool, now it´s up to you to win!

MORE INFOS

The new Race LTD "69 Edition" is out!

Let´s listen to the product designer Sky Solbach himself and get some first hand information: "I'm really proud of the design I was able to create together with the help of Ken Winner, Olivier Dansin and the whole North Race Team. Designing and developing equipment to win races requires consistent and measured testing in a wide range of wind and water conditions by dedicated testers.

MORE INFOS

North Race Team scores in Egypt!

The African Continental Championships in Egypt was the perfect way for the North Kiteboarding Race Team to start the season. The final medal race day was a huge one for the North Kiteboarding Race Team and the pretrack training, tactics, strategy & shared knowledge really paid off... (photo credit: Icarus Sailing Media)

MORE INFOS

Make my day New Zealand part III, by Jérémie Eloy:

The third episode of Jérémie Eloy exploring New Zealand. Follow him on his 6 weeks of adventures driving through an amazing country, kiting spots where maybe nobody has ever been kitesurfing. The concept was simple : 1 camper, 3 friends, tons of toys to enjoy and a fabulous and challenging country. Get the popcorn out!!

https://vimeo.com/62531632

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Re: North Newsletter Issue 3/2013

Postby sarc » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Gee I thought they would announce "We hired a new graphic designer! Our gear will be the best looking gear around! Our valves will stay attached to the kites! Our bar and lines will not jam or break any more!"

Just a friendly nudge, all my gear is North and I love the kites and my Whip!

But, above improvements would help...

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Newsletter Issue 3/2013

Postby davesails7 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:20 am

sarc wrote:Gee I thought they would announce "We hired a new graphic designer! Our gear will be the best looking gear around! Our valves will stay attached to the kites! Our bar and lines will not jam or break any more!"
I agree with you about the graphics for 2013. I don't understand how they made it to production, but I guess that's a matter of taste... I really liked the 2012s

I thought they had solved the valve issues several years ago? My 2011 North kites are going strong with no valve issues. My 2011 bars have been great as well.

On the North webpage it seems to be saying you need the fifth line because the safety system of the North 4 line bar won't depower the kite fully when you pull the QR. Does this mean you don't need the 5th line loaded to support the leading edge? Can you ride it on a 4 line bar if that bar leashes to a single front line?

Can't wait to hear Toby's review of the new Dyno!

Return to “Kitesurfing”