Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite equipment for kid?

forum for kitesurfers

kolpamorta
Rare Poster

Kite equipment for kid?

Postby kolpamorta » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:46 am

OK my younger son is 8y. old and is hooked to kiteboarding, showing already great skills on trainer kite.I would like to buy him kite equipment but I am not sure what size of kite to choose or where to find smaller board.He is 28kg.Thnx in advance!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Re: Kite equipment for kid?

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Good morning kolpamorta. Check the www.epickites.com web site. Not only we have great products but also we specialized with kids equipment. My 10 year old son Cameron Maramenides is the one responsible for the kids program.
You can always email me directly at: dimitri@epickites.com if you have any questions.

and do on......

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Maybe a good idea would be to get into contact with Dimitri Maramenides since he Cameron (his son) kiting since young age aswell.

Epic also has several equipment for kids. The Epic Renegade Junior Pro 4m with special bar for kids making it alot easier for them then a normal bar.
Epic also has a 2,5m 4 line LE Trainerkite the Tutor it has a training bar but the Junior bar will fit aswell. I know Dimitri himself rode the tutor in very high winds.

The Promises of the future board is a board specially for kids, you will see Cameron riding it in many pictures. He also rides bigger kites now and ofcourse it depends on the wind alot.

Seems to be the best feeling ever.

dimitri (at) epickites.com to email him.

( i just see Dimitri already replied ^^)

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Safety system and knowing how to use it is most important with kids,north,naish, have excellent QR,and they make good kites,TONY

Return to “Kitesurfing”