*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:39 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:57 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys
I wanted to know a bit of your opinion on the Hadlow MK2 (or Hadlow freestyle 2011) board.
Is it a good board? What about the upwind/jumping/freeride? Do the hadlow straps come with the board? If not, where can I buy those straps?

Thanks


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:15 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:52 am
Posts: 127
I had the original and it was one of the funnest boards I've ever ridden. Good in chop, insane in flat water, super efficient and I thought a great shape that didn't take any getting used to for how to get the best pop out of.

Havent tried the new one.

The original is now split down the center from riding boots and catching an edge riding drunk.
Thats life I guess. Definitely not an especially beefy board, but thats what made it fun.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:24 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:57 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Los Angeles, CA
DirkGently wrote:
I had the original and it was one of the funnest boards I've ever ridden. Good in chop, insane in flat water, super efficient and I thought a great shape that didn't take any getting used to for how to get the best pop out of.

Havent tried the new one.

The original is now split down the center from riding boots and catching an edge riding drunk.
Thats life I guess. Definitely not an especially beefy board, but thats what made it fun.


So would you recommend the hadlow freestyle boards? Is it solid consturction though?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:45 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:10 am
Posts: 199
ive ridden both, have the mk2, they ride similar and really hard for me to tell a difference, the construction on the mk2 is better, i still wouldn't put boots on it though...what i love about this board is the upwind and it being such a small board for me at 200 lbs,...use to have a shinn street, they both rode similar but the upwind was superior on the hadlow even being 2 cm narrower

this board is perhaps the best all rounder, flat water, waves, upwind, rockered, choppy water

a monk (gorilla bottom) is a tad better feel over white water and a little faster, but i got more pop on the hadlow and better upwind, could be different with the monk forever

15+ knots on a 12m in florida for me, doesn't spray in your face either

its not a light wind board though, if i lost it or broke it, i would probably get another one unless the new monk forever has just as good upwind, then it would be up in the air...kite force academy has them for a good price if you are looking for a new one

not a real popular board in the states though, kind of a special board from the UK

oh yea, it jumps good, really really good


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:28 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:57 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Los Angeles, CA
jespin4845 wrote:
ive ridden both, have the mk2, they ride similar and really hard for me to tell a difference, the construction on the mk2 is better, i still wouldn't put boots on it though...what i love about this board is the upwind and it being such a small board for me at 200 lbs,...use to have a shinn street, they both rode similar but the upwind was superior on the hadlow even being 2 cm narrower

this board is perhaps the best all rounder, flat water, waves, upwind, rockered, choppy water

a monk (gorilla bottom) is a tad better feel over white water and a little faster, but i got more pop on the hadlow and better upwind, could be different with the monk forever

15+ knots on a 12m in florida for me, doesn't spray in your face either

its not a light wind board though, if i lost it or broke it, i would probably get another one unless the new monk forever has just as good upwind, then it would be up in the air...kite force academy has them for a good price if you are looking for a new one

not a real popular board in the states though, kind of a special board from the UK

oh yea, it jumps good, really really good


Thank you for your comment
I have one question though, I'd like it to be really clear: do you think the board can break more easily than other boards, or is it durable and hard to break?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:10 am
Posts: 199
i would say its as good as normal boards, but don't put boots on it cause its not going to withstand that for more than a year...i beat the crap out of mine though, ride the rails on the beach when the waves are pounding on shore, its good, but i know i will break it one day a couple of years from now

its not a slingshot board though, those things are tanks

http://www.forcesix.com/2013-flexifoil- ... eview.html

i agree with everything on that review above


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:52 am
Posts: 127
Well it sucks breaking boards, and I've since found other boards that have a bit better construction and geometry AND perform similarly, but if you're not riding boots I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

In straps you're going to break an ankle or knee long before you break the board ( if that sounds like more fun to you? ) .

Image


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:10 am
Posts: 199
DirkGently wrote:
Well it sucks breaking boards, and I've since found other boards that have a bit better construction and geometry AND perform similarly, but if you're not riding boots I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

In straps you're going to break an ankle or knee long before you break the board ( if that sounds like more fun to you? ) .

Image


Really curious to know what other boards feel the same and you can ride boots on? i dont really get to demo many boards


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:31 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:52 am
Posts: 127
Similar boards would be:
Airush FS Park is what I have right now, it is a touch heavier than the freestyle, but has similar amounts of rocker but is still fast. Apparently you're not supposed to ride boots with this one either...

Airush Livewire is my next deck, apparently beefier construction than the FS Park, this one is recommended if you were riding boots according to Airush.

The hadlow freestyle IS pretty rad though. Super thin little tip and tail & edges, so frickin fast, if they installed some sort of row of inserts that increased the surface area resisting pullout but still kept the same flex I'd be all over it...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Reviews on Hadlow MK2 board?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:47 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:57 pm
Posts: 235
Location: Los Angeles, CA
I ordered the board :) But it will stay in France until the summer, sadly


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], heemskn and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group