Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite selection - F-One Bandit 6 quiver

Forum for kitesurfers
NCWater
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wrightsville Beach, NC (U.S.A.)
Style: Freeride
Gear: In the market
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kite selection - F-One Bandit 6 quiver

Postby NCWater » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:31 pm

I am getting ready to buy my FIRST kites as a BEGINNER (at this point, I have completed four water lessons). I am 90 kilos or 198 pounds and will be riding in conditions in southeastern North Carolina (U.S.A.) that are typically 15 to 19 knots on a good day and 20 to 23 knots on a great day (which are somewhat rarer). I will be riding a Shinn RED 141 x 44. I am focused in on the 2013 F-One Bandit 6's and would like some recommendations on a kite quiver (based on my specific wind conditions, board, and weight). I am thinking about a 14 and 10m two kite quiver; however, I am willing to splurge on a three kite quiver for more range (for example, 14 m, 11m, and 8 m). In reality, I would only begin using the 8m as my skills are established down the road, and I have the ability to go out in higher wind conditions. I would really appreciate your input.

Many thanks!
Last edited by NCWater on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fourperf
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kite selection - F-One Bandit 6 quiver

Postby fourperf » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:36 pm

NCWater wrote:I am getting ready to buy my FIRST kites as a BEGINNER (at this point, I have completed four water lessons). I am 90 kilos or 198 pounds and will be riding in conditions in southeastern North Carolina (U.S.A.) that are typically 15 to 19 knots on a good day and 20 to 23 knots on a great day (which are somewhat rarer). I will be riding a Shinn RED 141 x 44. I am focused in on the 2013 F-One Bandit 6's and would like some recommendations on a kite quiver (based on my specific wind conditions, board, and weight). I am thinking about a 14 and 10m two kite quiver; however, I am willing to splurge on a three kite quiver for more range (for example, 14 m, 11m, and 8 m). I would really appreciate your input.

Many thanks!

both of those combinations will work great. The B6`s have so much range that 11/8 works great. Plenty of overlap. I have 11/8 and my son has 12/9 (either way it will be great for your conditions and weight). We also have a 14 which is an awesome kite. You will probably be good with the 14/10 at your level and you could add an 8 or 7 once you get a little bit of experience. Actually if it were me I would go 14/11/8 which is what I have. start with the 14 and 11 and add the 8 later or just buy the 3 and be done.

Hope that helps.
Mark

Return to “Kitesurfing”