Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Stuart, Fl and Long Beach, Turks
Gear: 9-12-14.5 Ocean Rodeo Aluua
North Select and Axis Surf board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Kiteboarding rules to follow Keep Beach Access For Everyone

Postby flylow » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:49 pm

I just went on a search for the kiteboarding rules to follow on beaches, etc. I found on this forum and another forum that the rules were kind of buried and not readily available to New kiters. I just experienced three new kiters who have never taken lessons and were commiting terrible acts on the beach. So I wish to reiterate, new kiters take lessons. These guys can kite, but they have bad kite manners and if they continue then beach access will be closed in one of the carribean islands. Please remember to launch the kites a way from by standers. Secure kites on the beach with sand, boards, bags, harnesses or all of the above when leaving the kites unattended. Roll up kite lines and keep the beach open for non kiters too. Stay out of swim areas that are roped off . Above all....ask the local kiters beach etiquette before you wreck the area. In the USA it is summer time and new kiters will invade the beaches. Please all be safe and remember this is an extreme sport fellow athletes. We need to self police. Sorry if this is a repeat.

Return to “Kitesurfing”