All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Switchblade 2013 9m test , they screwed up in the QC dep
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:16 pm 
Frequent Poster

SSK wrote:

This is not true. This is a very known issue that the rear lines are too long, it has been discussed plenty of times on this forum since the kite came out.

Thats not really the point.
Yes, there might be tuning issues. It is known and can easily be fixed.
So aside from that, what i'd like to know: Is the 2013 still the same kite as '10 '11 '12? Or is it different?

I know the 2012 comes with two bridle settings. A new freeride setting (standard), which changes the feel and performance of the kite. And offcourse the wakestyle setting which we are all used to from previous models.

I didnt like this new freeride setting and was happy to have the wakestyle option. Somehow I feel the 2013 is more of a continuation on that freeride setting. Can anyone confirm?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:08 pm 
Medium Poster

im scared for when my 2012 self destructs, gonna have to keep buying 2012's for power

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:59 pm 
Medium Poster

Quote:
So aside from that, what i'd like to know: Is the 2013 still the same kite as '10 '11 '12? Or is it different?

It is pretty different IMO. The changes from 10-12 were very minor in the way the kite felt. You can just look at it and see, especially the wing tips. It still feels like a SB in the general sense, but with significantly less bar pressure, turns way better, relaunches much better (especially the larger sizes), and drifts better. Once tuned (as you say), IMO the power, pop and hang time are about the same. Maybe slightly bit less, but I do not think it is as severe as other people have said. If you are a 100% pure wakestyle you may be less happy, if you are a freeride, surf, or mix it up rider you will probably be much happier. I think it is a way better all around kite especially if you want to take it in the surf.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:58 am 
Frequent Poster

kites and bars are different things.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:18 am 
Rare Poster

SSK wrote:
Quote:

It is pretty different IMO. The changes from 10-12 were very minor in the way the kite felt. You can just look at it and see, especially the wing tips. It still feels like a SB in the general sense, but with significantly less bar pressure, turns way better, relaunches much better (especially the larger sizes), and drifts better. Once tuned (as you say), IMO the power, pop and hang time are about the same. Maybe slightly bit less, but I do not think it is as severe as other people have said. If you are a 100% pure wakestyle you may be less happy, if you are a freeride, surf, or mix it up rider you will probably be much happier. I think it is a way better all around kite especially if you want to take it in the surf.

Definitively the 2013 SB generates less power (- 20 % ) compared to the 10' 11' 12' And increase the turning speed ( 15 % )

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:34 am 
Very Frequent Poster

housemex....20% less power...don't think so. you are saying that the 2013 is like a previous 8m SB...NOT

Maybe like a 9.75 or worst case 9.5. if you shorten the outside bridle line by adding a knot. Don't confuse light bar pressure with less power

steve

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:24 am 
Frequent Poster

jespin4845 wrote:
im scared for when my 2012 self destructs, gonna have to keep buying 2012's for power

Absolutely, power means alot to me, I don't want my 12m to have any less grunt than what it has now. I'II stick with my 2012 and hopefully pick up a good 2nd hand 2012 when the day comes :(

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 pm 
Medium Poster

experienced1 wrote:
Maybe like a 9.75 or worst case 9.5. if you shorten the outside bridle line by adding a knot. Don't confuse light bar pressure with less power

steve

Where do these numbers come from? So... anywhere between 9.5 and 9.75?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:50 pm 
Frequent Poster

Just to be clear, are we tuning these out of the bag to equal line length? Or once we tune to equal length, we have to add an addition knot?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:14 pm 
Frequent Poster

SSK wrote:

Thanks for your explanation and for clearing this up. So now we know Cabrinha didnt screw the kite up. They just changed it more then some people expected. Some like it better, others may not. A little less grunt might help unhooking.

Shawn, I cannot image Cabrinha would drop the equal line lenghts. Its too good of a way to tune a control bar. So equal lines first, then the extra knot.

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next