Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I need some help with prices and quality

Postby sijandy » Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 am

KAWIKA wrote:When people ask me why I ride Switch it's because I was looking for a high performance durable kite without the high performance price $$ :thumb:
...or because your on their payroll.

Im with jats2k9 on this one...gear is ridiculously priced these days. £1500 for a kite is crazy when you need at least 3 of them. I've been kiting for 6 years and the only piece of brand new equipment i've ever owned is my wetsuit. I couldn't afford lessons or even an inflatable kite when i started so I self taught on a flexifoil blade with no depower or relaunch. My newest kite is a 2010 rpm which i bought a few weeks back....as i'm so used to dealing with old s**t it near enough feels brand new anyway! The only way youngsters have a hope in hell of getting into kiting is if they've got minted parents and even then the sound of 'can i have £2000 for a kite please' is probably gonna end in no.

gvironda
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Torbole, Garda Lake
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Lefkada, Capo Mannu, Naxos, Tuscany,
Gear: North

Postby gvironda » Fri May 03, 2013 8:35 am

Honestly it is so easy to spend few bucks for kiting
Just buy a top brand (north, slingshot, etc) used kite of the last year, and resell it the SAME year after few months
For instance, you buy 2 2012 EVOs in March for 800-900eur, and you resell them in September for 650-700€
Last year I managed to by a 9 and 12, a resell it loosing just 50eur for each kite
You just have to monitor second hand deals every single day, and buy low and not older than 1 year

I am sure Switch kites are super good, but their second hand value is ridicolous, so at the end you just spend more compared to top brands second hand

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Fri May 03, 2013 10:11 am

All well and good if you've got the money in the first place, for many of us just getting by each month is a challenge.

Return to “Kitesurfing”