Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide
Has thanked: 0

Re: Size of light wind board?

Postby PBKiteboarding » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Real Deal...

This is so Great to Hear!, especially from a Student that completed my 3 Lessons less than a year ago... PBK1-2-3. Success and safety! Already on the Speed 3 15m and Flyrace!

I went out early yesterday (10 in the morning) while all these other guys were waiting for whitecaps I made it out and upwind with my 15 and flyrace and was out for a couple of hours before the wind even really changed to sw. They all would try and go out and end up right in the swim area! it is also great being able to go out when there are not 500 people fighting for space!!
Randy

Eric23
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Eric23 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:15 pm

Haven't tried Flyrace but don't agree that Aboards Glider is not light wind board. OK i'm not 220ibs guy, but also have my 85kg, plus i have Glider 154x48 not 164 and it still works great for me as light wind board. Even with my not so big 14m North Vegas kite Glider allows me to ride in very low wind.
This combination also allows me to pick up speed quickly and i can make jumps and tricks as well.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:27 pm

Of course the Glider 164 is a lightwind board. I sell lots to Customers and the Price too....
Also: I "never" said a Glider is not a Lightwind Board, to make sure....

I've pushed Super Lightwinds... over the years Snowkiting with Open Cell Kites, Inflatable and Closed Cell Flysurfer.... and pass info onto my Customers... Knowledge make for success.
Contact me for details of what will work for you.... Doing this Fulltime help me learn DETAILS...
and you have to tell the truth otherwise... it's not good....!

If you haven't done it you just don't know. Like most things in life work that way....

Many people Struggle on to small boards without enough wind... I see it all the time....
My Students are way ahead...

Here is Jeff going "UPWIND" on his "2nd" Water Lesson on the Glider 164x50 How many people go upwind on 2nd Day?

Lukas Glider 164x50 "First Day" on the Water. How many do this well on first day?

Also here I am doing tricks on a Glider 164x50

while people say a big board is no Fun!

Also Frank was having a hard time learning... then I got him up on the 2014 Glider 164x50

Return to “Kitesurfing”