Local Beach: Paramali, curium in Cyprus
Style: Freeride/freestyle
Gear: 2011 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Learn to Kitesurf in Cyprus

Postby Will09 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:51 pm

It's that time of year again; put your snowboards and ski's back in the garage and bring out your beloved kitesurfing gear.

If you're looking to take lessons in warm waters and a hot climate, then this might interest you. Similarly, if you are already an experienced kiteboarder and interested in a holiday to Cyprus, then feel free to ask for advice on locations and where to stay etc.

Cyprus is a great kitesurfing spot which hasn't yet become over crowded in the slightest. We receive a South Westerly Prevailing wind across the South coast during the summer, which creates perfect cross-on shore conditions. Even on non windy days, a strong sea breeze often comes in during the evenings. During the summer months (May - September) the average temperature is 29-34 degrees Celsius. What's more, the crystal blue Mediterranean ocean is warm enough to ride in board shorts most of the year.

One of the best locations for beginners on the south coast is Paramali beach; paramali is a long stretch of sandy beach with no restricted areas for kitesurfers and remains untouched. Swimmers have other options and know not to go swimming along this stretch. Paramali is ideally located between Paphos and Limassol, only a 25 minute drive from either town. Both Paphos and Limassol are thriving tourist destinations with plenty going on and offer all types of holiday apartments and hotels to suit all budgets. Therefore they're perfect destinations if you're looking for a kitesurifng holiday which has plenty going on even when you're not kitesurfing. On the other hand you can stay at a villa, apartment or the 5* Columbia Beach resort located at Pissouri Bay. Pissouri bay is a coastal village with a more relaxed atmosphere and less going on. But you'll still find some fantastic local restaurants, pubs, shops and a watersports centre. However it's only a 10 minute drive from the kitesurfing beach, so ideal if you're not interested in staying somewhere with lots going on.

I'm an IKO qualified instructor and live in Limassol during the summer and Leeds in the winter. If you're interested in taking a kitesurfing course in Cyprus, contact me for further details. I can guarantee the most competitive of prices to ensure you become a certified Independent Kiteboarder by IKO's Standards.

Whether you're looking for lessons or just a kitesurfing holiday to Cyprus, I can advise you on the best locations and where to stay etc.

If you're interested or have any further questions, don't hesitate to give me an email or call/text.

Thanks

Will Carr

Return to “Kitesurfing”