Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Define the "perfect harness"

Forum for kitesurfers
tinge
Medium Poster
Local Beach: vestfjorden
Favorite Beaches: hua hin thailand, best so far.
Style: newbe
Gear: blade beast 10, naish cult 13,5 mystic harness,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Define the "perfect harness"

Postby tinge » Wed May 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Toby wrote:interesting graphics!

now I have a proof that the waist not only kills my back!

And this is why ride the green arrow...the waist/seat combo.
But...there are also differences...but I found one that fits perfectly and does not give me any pain on the rips or back.
What kind (make and modell) harness is this "green arrow"

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY
Has thanked: 0

Re: Define the "perfect harness"

Postby jaystore » Wed May 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Toby wrote:interesting graphics!

now I have a proof that the waist not only kills my back!

And this is why ride the green arrow...the waist/seat combo.
But...there are also differences...but I found one that fits perfectly and does not give me any pain on the rips or back.
The magnetic resonance is from a kiter who started 10 years ago.

What sounds odd to me is that some kiters see the problem from a brand point of view "this is better than that", actually many harnesses have the same features, shapes and construction (copy and paste).

The question is which features to have in order to protect your backbone against deformation.

From my point of view seat harness is good but too limited movement, waist gives the maximum freedom but also back pain, hybrid should be the right compromise.
JAY is following the hybrid solution because the rider has the option to choose to distribute pressure between back and legs by pulling/releasing the webbing that connects straps to spreaderbar. Other brands are using this solution attaching leg straps to harness, we are the first to attach leg straps directly to DYNABAR.

Return to “Kitesurfing”