Rare Poster
Style: Freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How many kiters use tour operators?

Postby Easy Rider » Wed May 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Hey everyone,

First post here, and it's a question for those who travel to kiteboard destinations.

A little bit of background about myself: I am a foreigner living in Chile. Relatively new to kiteboarding but have been participating in other ocean sports for a while (dinghy sailing, surfing, SUP).

I work in the tourism industry in Chile and am exploring the possibility of offering kite surfing tours in the area.

I know Chile is not the place most people think of when they think of kiteboard destinations, but the country offers consistent winds (best during the months of September to April) along with world class wave riding and a couple of flatwater locations as well. Warm air temperatures, but the water is cold and full wetsuits are required.

Chile isn't exactly a "show up and blow up" kind of destination. A lot of Chile's best spots require driving through deep sand and thus a 4x4 to access. Many of the foreign windsurfers and kitesurfers who visit rent 4x4s from the airport for the duration of their trip.

Just wondering how many of you are interested in off-the-beaten-track kitesurf destinations such as Chile. Also wondering what kind of interest level there is for an all-inclusive type tour, including airport pickup, hotels, daily transportation and guide to the best spots, downwinders, as well as tours on any non-windy days (surf/SUP, ocean fishing, vineyards, etc.).

Appreciate your feedback. Any questions, just ask.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: How many kiters use tour operators?

Postby Toby » Thu May 09, 2013 8:25 am

Those tours work anywhere in the world!
Not many travel to Chile, but everyone knows it has awesome waves!
There will be a demand for sure!

Good luck!

Return to “Kitesurfing”