All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: whats wrong with people these days?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:25 am 
Rare Poster

Just came in from an epic after work (knocked off early :thumb: ) session at Orewa, NZ to find someone had taken my pump! I always leave it up by the rocks while I'm out riding and pick it up on the way in, guess I wont be doing that any more.

The thing that really grinds my gears is that I pretty much know it wouldn't have been another kiter... that's just something you / I would never do? So some random just saw it and thought oh something for free... I'll take that, even though it's really of no value to anyone who doesn't kite!? other than maybe blow up an air bed!

Oh well, epic session anyway! landed the biggest back roll I've ever done and a couple 180's indy grab. stoked.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: whats wrong with people these days?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:14 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Custom art job your pump and no other kiter will take it by accident. Awesome session @ orewa today....

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Your wife stole it to keep you off the water...guess that won't work :naughty:

No session here ... Only watched 666 tricks :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:56 am 
Very Frequent Poster

haha we had someone steal a kite bag of all things...an old shitty bag. It is just annoying and retarded. Sometimes you gotta wonder tho...

a.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:46 am 
Frequent Poster

Swings and roundabouts.

I once left a brand new X-ride on the beach, completely forgot about it until my next time out when I could not find my board.

Some Angel of a person had handed it in to the local police station! :D

I have had stuff go missing when people mistakenly pick it up as theirs. but generally it gets sorted out.

Sorry to hear you lost your pump. those things are silly priced if you get a branded one!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 am 
Very Frequent Poster

kelamist wrote:
Just came in from an epic after work (knocked off early :thumb: ) session at Orewa, NZ to find someone had taken my pump! I always leave it up by the rocks while I'm out riding and pick it up on the way in, guess I wont be doing that any more.

The thing that really grinds my gears is that I pretty much know it wouldn't have been another kiter... that's just something you / I would never do? So some random just saw it and thought oh something for free... I'll take that, even though it's really of no value to anyone who doesn't kite!? other than maybe blow up an air bed!

Oh well, epic session anyway! landed the biggest back roll I've ever done and a couple 180's indy grab. stoked.

Was it only the pump that was missing - and the kitebag and clothes etc still there ?

Or was it only the pump that was left on the spot ?

If the latter - I would not be angry at anyone taking it, because "non-kitesurfers" dont have a clue what it is for, and think it is something washed ashore.

I never leave my pump without the kitebag or something else around, so they will either steal "everything" - but happens almost never (never happened to me) - or leave it because they can see there must be someone using the stuff.

Whereas a "lonely" pump only, with noone around, will appear as finders property in most eyes I think :wink:

AND - because I know I wont forget my pump, as I would easily if the kitebag is not close.
Even better - put the pump in the kitebag :thumb:

- Peter

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 am 
Very Frequent Poster

um.... put your stuff back in the car!!. its not like you have to walk far. The carpark is 5 meters from the beach.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 am 
Very Frequent Poster

At this beach, which is my local, i have seen a surfboard left on the grass for 4 days with no one taking it which is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:30 am 
Rare Poster

plummet wrote:
um.... put your stuff back in the car!!. its not like you have to walk far. The carpark is 5 meters from the beach.

yeah if im anywhere else I do, but I live close to the beach in Orewa so when its good here i walk to the beach suited up ready to go, so once im set up i have only my pump left... which i leave up on the bank.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:38 am 
Rare Poster

I would not be angry at anyone taking it, because "non-kitesurfers" dont have a clue what it is for, and think it is something washed ashore.

yeah was just the pump. Im not really angry, just a bit of a bummer at the end of a good session.

It does make me wonder why people think they can help themselves to an item if its left unattended.

There were plenty of kiters out. if the person who took it didnt know what it was... they should have left it alone! if they did... shame on them.

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next