All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: How many sessions do you get?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:18 am 
Medium Poster

I see a lot of riders here on the forum talking about incredibles numbers of sessions per year and it makes me feel so bad, because some times I dont even get one session in a month. I'm what you call "a weekend warrior" and of course when the weekend isn't windy I have to cry over.
I would like to know if anyone else is on the same situation, at least I'd know I'm not alone on this obsession with kitesurfing.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: How many sessions do you get?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:47 am 
Rare Poster

You are not alone. I have to work during weekdays and cant get out of the work in case the wind is good. I can see my babies(10 & 14m) only weekends if the wind is good. This is usually twice a month :)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:50 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

223 sessions last year! Life is short! I am a river guide in the summer and can take any day off that is windy. In winter I tune skis in the morning till noon giving me every day to kite after work. I am VERY lucky :)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:40 pm 
Medium Poster

223 sessions in a year!!! That's a dream come true right there. Not even in my wildest dreams I think I would be able to do so.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:40 pm 
Medium Poster

223 sessions in a year!!! That's a dream come true right there. Not even in my wildest dreams I think I would be able to do so.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:42 pm 
Medium Poster

I think my number is around 40 to 50 sessions per year , including 2 kitetrips of 5 days.
The way I increase this poor numbers of sessions is having a 6 kites quiver from 8 to 21, and staying in the water as long as I can when there´s wind.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:56 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I kite every windy day... most sessions in south florida are unfortunately around the 10-12 knot days. This season (not the year, just the season) i got about 100 sessions in

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:35 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

havent had a session in a week and a half!.... ahhhhhh!. I typically get a couple a week. So 100 sessions per year. maybe more. But i've had 3 days of insane mountainbiking so yeha!

I too have lots of kites. 6 to be exact. 15,13,10,8,6,1.5 That allows me to get out 5-50 knots.

Sub 15 i trade the water for the land and go landboarding. I also trade the sand for the concrete and go kite longboard skating.

If there's wind i'm taking advantage of it!.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:36 pm 
Frequent Poster

I'm in the same situation Jats. I am not a weekend warrior, I am more of a weak wind warrior. Some of us are just geographically challenged in this sport. It doesn't mean we are any less committed. I often have to work pretty hard for the sessions I get here,,,or I have to travel a long way. I take it as just part of the sport. I know I won't progress as fast as I want to, but I do my best to make the most out of all my time on the water.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:58 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I dont know the exact number, i moved to the sea 2 years ago, in the last 14 days i have kited 8 times. Not bad really. If its windy after work then i kite. At the weekend, same rules apply.

Move to the sea, put more focus on your passion or at least enable yourself to kite as much as possible. :)

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next