Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot Knee Swacker?

Forum for kitesurfers
Bain
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Slingshot Knee Swacker?

Postby Bain » Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 am

So, I can find next to no info on this board and how it rides.
I'm assuming it's crap since, A: no one has any reviews on it, and B: they only made it for one season and you can find them for crazy prices.
Anyone have a ride on this thing? Is it another "Octane" (crap)?

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Re: Slingshot Knee Swacker?

Postby bigwave » Thu May 16, 2013 5:23 am

Bain wrote:So, I can find next to no info on this board and how it rides.
I'm assuming it's crap since, A: no one has any reviews on it, and B: they only made it for one season and you can find them for crazy prices.
Anyone have a ride on this thing? Is it another "Octane" (crap)?
I brought one down to Hatteras last fall and rode it on a couple of LW days. Its the same size as the Airush Sector 60 without the big fins. It planes up quick and is very easy to ride. I rode it strapless and it was super easy to jibe. I did not find it a great turner but you can see that just looking at the shape.
We have sold several of them but honestly, an Airush Sector is way more efficient and faster = more fun in lighter wind. The price is higher for the Sector, but if its a LW board your looking for it's a great option. The new Airush Slayer is also another option and I cant wait for that to arrive. If you can find a swacker cheap and your a bigger guy, then it might be something to consider if your looking for an inexpensive option.
:thumb:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot Knee Swacker?

Postby L0KI » Thu May 16, 2013 6:39 am

The Slingshot Dialer is a better option than the Swacker.

Return to “Kitesurfing”