Gear: North Orbit
Switch Nitro
Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whats wrong with people these days?

Postby kelamist » Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

longwhitecloud wrote:At this beach, which is my local, i have seen a surfboard left on the grass for 4 days with no one taking it which is pretty cool.
yeah Orewa is a cool place, I was never to worried about leaving my pump while im out riding for that reason. and until today it had always been waiting for me when i got back in.

blacktip
Frequent Poster

Postby blacktip » Thu May 16, 2013 11:31 am

dont worry, its just the New World Order coming for us.
no need to google this, really... dont worry

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Thu May 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Aside from losing gear of true value, the worst thing to have ganked is your flip flops.

They can keep my $10 pump.................don't leave me bare footed to walk across the sand spurs and broken glass.

Jono 111
Frequent Poster

Postby Jono 111 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:20 pm

POACHER wrote:Aside from losing gear of true value, the worst thing to have ganked is your flip flops.

They can keep my $10 pump.................don't leave me bare footed to walk across the sand spurs and broken glass.
Poacher - flip flops are a nuisance...but my "favourite":

going for a mid winter surf, nobody else out...getting out because I was bollocking cold, and finding that my car was gone. Great.

Knocking on house doors to try to use a phone...finding some good people to help....who only had a daughter....so being dressed in a girls t- shirt and hoody while we warmed up and waited for the police.

I fukking hate theives.

El Rudo
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Slufter NL, world
Gear: OR
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby El Rudo » Thu May 16, 2013 5:55 pm

wow you guys are spoiled there in NZ, over here in NL (Old Zeeland!) they nick whole cars, and inventories of surf schools and club containers. Sad to say but on busy days we're sort of watching over each others gear as there are other kiters that just gank boards and kites from the beach.

Dr Makani
Medium Poster
Local Beach: CA, HI

Postby Dr Makani » Thu May 16, 2013 5:59 pm

well, well, well - no jumping to conclusions here - the pump might be just a long-term borrow :lol:

Kiting has its 'consumables', like pumps, shades, towels ... you loose it, you break it, it gets stolen (or forgotten to return), left behind ...

My pumps are walmart cheapos (10 bucks, yellow airheads). Probably the same manufacturer as the 50 bucks brand pumps. So, simple math, for the same price I can have five NEW ones over the course of a year, not having a problem with breaking, forgetting, borrowing, stolen ...
The same with the towels. Before they become dog towels I'll use them up on the beach.

Note to myself: Does my beach camp look like a homeless patch?

And the good stuff? Stays with the car! In case you like to go gear lifting then say hello to my interactive car alarm, Buster! He'll bite your fingers (or nose, or butt ... whatever you'll stick in first) :lol: :lol:

peace

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Thu May 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Few years ago a friend went home quickly nearby and left his kite inflated with bar/ lines

On his return to beach (after water & snack about 20 minutes) all had disappeared !!!

Couple years later i saw his 10m Nemesis red/black (complete) in our local kiteshop

A woman had brought it in for the kite store to try to sell it

She found it in a closet when she moved in her apartment .....after the previous renter moved out

Police investigated the incident and her story was correct but were unable to locate the thief

Happy ending ...he got his kite back....and still uses it !!

.................................. :cheers: :pump: :surf: :sun: ............................................................

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Fri May 17, 2013 4:04 am

The dog alarm is the best...

honestly I am happy to live in a place where I can leave my kite , boards etc.. on the beach, then go at the store to grab breakfast and come back. It is the kind of rural place where you go out to walk the dogs but dont lock the house, and in case someone tries to get in the house while we are there... well 2 nice doggies; 85 and 90 pounds will greet them gently :-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”