Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kiting in dahkla morrocco and canary islands sept/oct

Forum for kitesurfers
Gokizza
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lennox head, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Brazil Iluh do Guarjiru, Gokova Bay turkey, Hawaii, WA australia, Sardegna,
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha switchblade 8m . RPM 6m, Twin tip 133cm
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

kiting in dahkla morrocco and canary islands sept/oct

Postby Gokizza » Mon May 20, 2013 4:16 pm

hi all, i'm an aussie on holidays this year in europe and new to the forum. i'm lugging around my kiting gear and hoping to get wind. i'm in naxos greece at the moment and only had one day out of 10 days. next stop is rhodes, then turkey, sardenia and heading to morocco in september. i'm now thinking of going to dakh :D la as i'm keen to improve on flat water as i'm still a beginner/intermediate kiter. if any one has any info on their experiences regarding accommodation/wind etc would be really helpful. i'd like to go to canary islands after dakhla as its so close and as you can see i'm really keen to improve my kiting before the arthritus sets in. does anyone know if the wind is good sept/october, i've been on various websites and september looks like it could be the end of the season.
cheers keryn

Prikkebaard
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: kiting in dahkla morrocco and canary islands sept/oct

Postby Prikkebaard » Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 am

when i look at the averages for sept., they look pretty good.
http://locations.splocs.com/kitesurf/lo ... _camp.html

skyhooked
Medium Poster
Gear: This and that

Re: kiting in dahkla morrocco and canary islands sept/oct

Postby skyhooked » Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Keryn;

Dakhla is quite a sure thing as Prikkebaard says, up till November at least.

Here's a quick write up on my blog that shows the set up and what to expect: http://www.skyhooked.co.uk/?p=530

I stayed at Dakhla Attitude; step out of your bedouin tent onto the edge of the lagoon. Lush. So that would be my choice for easy learning...

Canary Islands - Lanzarote is especially nice. It's very tranquil once away from the airport; kite lessons can be had at Famara Beach but it doesn't come close to the flat water conditions of Dakhla. Maybe it would be a good place to learn to fly a kite with a cool instructor, then head over to Dakhla to finish off.

Lanzarote has fantastic restaurants and culture which Dakhla, being at the arse end of the Saraha Desert does not (though it does have it's own beauty for sure).

Return to “Kitesurfing”