the sand on tip is old school Ctype launch.
bridled kites is as follows.
1. kite in stored on beach position lines downwind.
2. hook in safety line on first.
3. walk to side you want to launch from but a bit downwind of kite.
4. tension lines pulling kite around.
5. as kite starts to roll, move upwind to control roll.
6. with bar out let kite roll up onto tip.
7. many kites will self launch themselves onto sitting on tip if you just not hold the bar.
Once kite has settled grab bar and go.
The beach tether is just using a anchor point for QR and going and launch kite yourself. walk back hook up and go.http://youtu.be/KwNHhiK2O8M