All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: finally got kite loops
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:06 pm 
Frequent Poster

i finally got extreme kite loops, like horizontal, after bruised heels and so many nut shots i was missing a key ingredient that no one really talks about,...speed

you have to go into it before you send it fast, so fast you think your going to die, thats what gets you high and the kite able to catch you instead of your knees taking it all

:D stoked!!!

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: finally got kite loops
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:27 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

jespin4845 wrote:
i finally got extreme kite loops, like horizontal, after bruised heels and so many nut shots i was missing a key ingredient that no one really talks about,...speed

you have to go into it before you send it fast, so fast you think your going to die, thats what gets you high and the kite able to catch you instead of your knees taking it all

Thanks jespin, please add anything, please anything at all that can help people trying to learn megaloops. Nobody has ever talked about speed going into a kite loop before that I can remember. Good hint.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:19 pm 
Frequent Poster

apart from watching all the videos, posts and tutorials, just have to put your time in and sacrifice some body pain :lol:

i landed my first clean one today, then tried again and did my usual butt and face plant on the landings, then the light bulb went off in my head that the speed was the only difference and i proceeded to land 5 more

of course i suspect in more wind and smaller kites your speed isn't a factor...it was 20-25 on a 9m...however if you want to go bigger and have plenty of time to land with some heli loops speed is necessary

from now on i will go as fast as possible for them, not just regular big boost speed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:22 pm 
Frequent Poster

oh yea, i big thing is not having the muscle memory, so i have to say out loud, "right then left" meaning fish pole the bar with the right and soften the landing downlooping to the left hand

repeating it over and over again, cause that first time you go you fish pole it and :o
you forget what to do next

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:36 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

jespin4845 wrote:

here we go ..... another "megaloop junkie" :thumb:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:03 pm 
Frequent Poster

Nika, i never said mega no need to be a sarcastic smart ass, thanks for ur vids thou i learned from them

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

for me wearing boots really helped too, a lot of the time wearing straps you don't want to land too hot because you'll snap your ankles, but wearing boots you can just stomp the landing no matter how fast you're going. it gave me a lot more confidence to try them.

the other thing is to just make sure you're going high enough, so the wind has to be a certain speed. i learned them on a 12m envy and thought i was going to blow my knees out, much easier on a 9m. but even then they don't loop with any power, and kind of stall out through the loop. Even though loops are terrifying on c-kites, they actually catch you if you get them back to the top of the window and sheet out, so in a way they're a lot easier with a proper kite.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:25 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

jespin4845 wrote:
Nika, i never said mega no need to be a sarcastic smart ass, thanks for ur vids thou i learned from them

Hey Jes .... i was not saying this sarcastic ..... eventually you will go small,big,bigger,huge ..... mega!!!

Its like that .... simply addictive ....

for your safety .... dont use boots until you feel that you will land 99% of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:44 pm 
Frequent Poster

Sounds hot,Jes! Sure, faster is always better, and probably safer, bc you have no time to think and get scared. But how exactly do you go faster, the head-spinning speed you are talkin' about? Other than the obvious, stronger wind and sinus curves, which are a bitch of a workout? A 19 Core XR?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:30 pm 
Frequent Poster

nika, sorry misunderstood your tone, my apologies

as far as going faster, go downwind a little bit, but not too much so you loose power, its a fine line, flatten out the board with your ankles so it goes faster, maybe sine the kite a bit, sheet in, and keep those soft knees to absorb the chop and maintain your speed

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=905019302861918

go fast, load the lines, pop and send it!

19? no 10m or less

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next