Favorite Beaches: To be decided
Gear: F-One Bandit Kites
Mystic Harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Amazing Feeling ..........

Postby Air_Pharaoh » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:26 pm

I started kitesurfing 1.5 months ago. (only on weekends) I took the course and went only 7 times after that to kite. I finally after a month of falling on my face, getting injured and sunburned I was able to go upwind yesterday. This was probably the most amazing feeling ever. I was able to go anywhere I wanted on the beach. My session lasted 3 hours; I didn't want to leave the water.

Anybody care to share there most amazing Kitesurfing feeling/experience. :D

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Amazing Feeling ..........

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Air_Pharaoh wrote:I started kitesurfing 1.5 months ago. (only on weekends) I took the course and went only 7 times after that to kite. I finally after a month of falling on my face, getting injured and sunburned I was able to go upwind yesterday. This was probably the most amazing feeling ever. I was able to go anywhere I wanted on the beach. My session lasted 3 hours; I didn't want to leave the water.

Anybody care to share there most amazing Kitesurfing feeling/experience. :D
Welcome to the rest of your life - which you'll spend searching for just. that. feeling. all over again :)

Enjoy! :thumb:

MarcThompson
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Barra da Tijuca; Praia Seca; Araruama; Arubinha; Búzios.
Favorite Beaches: Praia Seca
Style: Freeride
Gear: CORE Riot XR2 11, Slingshot Darko.

Postby MarcThompson » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Kamikuza wrote: Welcome to the rest of your life - which you'll spend searching for just. that. feeling. all over again :)

Enjoy! :thumb:
Fact! :lol:

And then, you'll suddenly start to want to add some jumps and wave and make a nice and fancy quiver to kite every single possible day! Welcome to the addiction! 8)

My first time going upwind is on my memory forever! It was awesome! But the firs time I jumped using a wave as ramp was also amazing. I spotted a little wave upwind. Loaded and just perfectly timed the jump and the push on the bar. I saw myself flying at a very high speed. The landing was good enough and I thought "I am alive just to feel like this!".

Cheers!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Be prepared for more amazing feelings!!!

Next: the first jumps ;-)

jwoodunlv
Frequent Poster

Postby jwoodunlv » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:58 pm

The first time you throw the kite back for a jump thinking you might go up around 10 feet and get hit by a gust sending you up 40 feet. Gotta love the express elevator rides.

markchatwin
Very Frequent Poster

Postby markchatwin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Just yesterday 2 of us had those "same" feelings. Yesterday at Sylvan Beach, Ny in 11-14 mph of wind we had sunshine, shorty weather, boats, and bikinis and my buddy Pujan finally held his own and rode upwind past the anchored boats and got to see the beach from afar for the 1st time! When he came in we "Welcomed him" to the club. He was so stoked. And to do that in the marginal wind was a testament to how hard he has worked.

He had been flailing for many sessions (as we all did), walking back to his starting point even putting a kite into a tree because he was so close to treeline as he would ride downwind.

And me for trying out my new North Whip 5'6" and taking jumps on a surfboard for the 1st time. It's the 1st time I have ever been strapped on a surfboard... It was an incredible feeling to hit waves on the way out and not worry about the board getting kicked out! Then riding the small waves on the way back was really cool. I'm used to a bigger board so yesterday I really felt what it was like to "slash" a board around.

I think about those "same" feelings a lot because I get them when I kite at a new location. Or try a new piece of gear. Or even just make the perfect transition turn...

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 am

Congrats! The break through ment you have when you realize it's not THAT hard after all. Now get ready to follow weater reports and wind forecasts like a new religion.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:45 am

ahhhh. yes. indeed glorious.

For me it was my first real air time back in 05. it was more of an unintentional lofting more than intended jump. But who cares i'm claiming it. I shot up into the air maybe 10-15 foot which seemed like an insane height back then. I almost shat my pants... scary indeed. PS this was landboarding so I was 10-15 foot above hard sand. Not a good outcome if you stuff up the landing.

Any way my life is flashing in front of my eyes and i'm expecting impending doom. Then something magical happened. I stated to float,glide back down to the ground. I'd kicked off the board and landed ever so gently like superman landing on a windowsill.

It was totally a amaising and life changing experience.

A sport that could provide insane airtime with pillowy soft landing? Awesome.

From that point on I was and still am hooked.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:26 am

You have just destroyed the rest of your life.
No more best friends wedding, no more family holidays.
It's all about the wind now.

gvironda
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Torbole, Garda Lake
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Lefkada, Capo Mannu, Naxos, Tuscany,
Gear: North

Postby gvironda » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:58 am

Welcome to a damnation which will last with you forever
windfinder and windguru will become your best friends
and you will go crazy looking at people kiting on the webcams while you-re doing something else

Return to “Kitesurfing”