Local Beach: Ft Lauderdale
Miami beach
Style: Wakestyle, Freestyle
Gear: Best
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switch Kites: Master any Terrain with the Element2

Postby jats2k9 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Keep up the good work and spirit "Switch". There are many kiters that stay alive in the sport because of you. Prices have gone crazy lately. By the way, is the rider not the kite ;-)

switchkites
Medium Poster
Gear: SwitchKites
Brand Affiliation: SwitchKites

Postby switchkites » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:47 pm

jats2k9 wrote:Keep up the good work and spirit "Switch". There are many kiters that stay alive in the sport because of you. Prices have gone crazy lately. By the way, is the rider not the kite ;-)
Thank you.

If you are interested in any form of review please check out http://www.switchkites.com/forum/index.html
Here you have a review of the Switch forum. Which might be of some interest to readers who don't venture out of the kiteforum realm. A recent post there:

"Was able to demo the E9m v2 up at mokuleia. I have only ridden the v1 elements a few times, so hard to compare except for some obvious differences. 1. v2 has better low end then v1. Was obvious from first power dive. 2. v2 has better depower than v1. v1 was fine, but v1 kite just never wanted to get to the last edge of the window and held quite a bit of power. 3. Flies off of all 4 lines more evenly. v1 really flew off of front lines. I like the v2 bar pressure better. More than v1 but still mellow. Nothing like nitro v1 which I own and still love Ev2 Steering is also tighter and without any lag. so nice.

Bottom line, this kite is impressive. Smooth power, great range. I rode it for about 45 minutes in low wind and high gusty wind. So was able to ride it all over its range and it performed perfectly. Has better upper end than method and nitro and method and nitro have slightly better lower end than ev2. Was out on my directional so I never jumped but I have ridden enough kites over the past 6 years to know that it would jump just fine. Probably somewhere between nitro and method. Kite drifts really well and easy to throw around with quick turns. great kite for surf and just a great all terrain kite. I own a couple of method v2's and a few old v1 nitros. I ride unstrapped, strapped surf, TT and skim boards. So I am always switching off my kites depending on conditions and what I am riding. If I had to go down to one model for a quiver, then this would be it. no question. It seems to do it all.

My buddy who rides cab drifters tried one a couple of weeks ago and sold his kites and ordered a 9m a few days later. He got it today and is super stoked. He only rides unstrapped surfboards and liked the element over the method. I can see how dedicated surf guys would love this kite. The switch team killed it on this one and really made an all terrain kite that I think anyone would love, especially if you are the type of rider that mixes it up.

Loved the simple bridle with no sliders or pulleys.

btw, I am not a team rider and I pay full price for my gear... definitely check this out if you are undecided... seriously, give it a go... then decide."
GIO.

jats2k9
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft Lauderdale
Miami beach
Style: Wakestyle, Freestyle
Gear: Best

Postby jats2k9 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:00 pm

Cannot wait to get my hands on a 13m. I live in Miami wind is not usually too strong.

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Tiago1973 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:10 am

so is the bridle / no pulleys the new cool?

i rode the E1 and it wasn´t much my thing as i had to look for the kite to know where it was

curious in trying the E2 now

switchkites
Medium Poster

Postby switchkites » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Tiago1973 wrote:so is the bridle / no pulleys the new cool?

i rode the E1 and it wasn´t much my thing as i had to look for the kite to know where it was

curious in trying the E2 now
Hi Tiago,
This is correct the E2 has no pulley bridal.
Give's it a nice reactive feel .That you will be able to feel.
The E2 is a perfectly balanced kite that all levels can adapt to very quickly.
Enjoy and hope to see you on one soon.
Regards
Switch.

slaterson19
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Outer Banks,N.C.

Postby slaterson19 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Can anyone give me a Naish Park vs. Element breakdown? Have some parks but would love to switch over due to price. I love how the Naish pivot turns and jumps.

Drkiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: world traveler
Favorite Beaches: big bay capetown
Style: All
Gear: Naish

Postby Drkiter » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:10 pm

slaterson19 wrote:Can anyone give me a Naish Park vs. Element breakdown? Have some parks but would love to switch over due to price. I love how the Naish pivot turns and jumps.

Hi,
Posting on forums is something that I personally have not been into. However I find them very informative and humorous at times .
I have been a avid Park flyer for the past two years.
Currently I have a quiver of 6,9,10,12 and ride a mix between both twin tip and surfboard.

My recent trip to Oahu I was fortunate enough to Demo a Element2 9m.
Thanks to a Switch team rider for giving me a chance to try this new kite.
Thought I would show my appreciation by writing up a little review.
I'm always open to trying new gear. So why not see if anything else floats my boat.

First impression was built quality. Wow, these guys don't leave any stone unturned.
It checked out to be just as good as any top brand out there or better.
For the price I would have honestly thought it was going to be B grade quality.

Wind was 14-24 knots, starting off very light with squalls boosting the wind up to mid 20s.
First thing I noticed was how smooth the kite was. From responding to bar input to spilling power when gusts hit
Up wind performance was very noticeable within the first few tacks gauging my self against other riders really made me realize on how effortless it was for me to get up wind.
The Kite was very predictable making the transition from my parks a walk in the Park. I found that the Element had better low end compared to my Parks. The turn was very similar basically splitting hairs. If I wanted a slightly less pivotal turn I could easily obtain this with less bar input.

Regarding bar pressure the two kites are right there next to each other . The Element coming in a wee bit higher but nothing to even worry about. Really liked this as it really gave me a better feel for the kite at all times.
Over all at this stage I was very impressed and all I wanted to know is if the kite jumped.
The wind picked enough to take my twin tip for a quick blast before the wind went dead with the rain.
I pulled the trigger on a few jumps and I have to say this kite is no slouch when it come to air time.

Over all I found the Element to be a much improved Park with better low end and smoother feel over all.
Giving the price Difference and Quality it is now time to find a new home for my Parks.
Thank you Switch for opening my eyes.

Drkiter.

slaterson19
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Outer Banks,N.C.

Postby slaterson19 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:32 am

Can I use a naish bar until the new switch bar comes out? What would be a good 3 kite element quiver for someone who is 175-180lbs and rides mostly 15-23mph range on a surfboard and 138 TT?

Nectar
Rare Poster

Postby Nectar » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:00 am

yes, you can use your naish bar for now. I'd say, 9m, 11m, 13m elements. I have those sizes of V1 elements and ride wakestyle twin tip or surfboard, and I'm always covered. Also have a 7m method V2 for surfing on the coast where it is 25+mph..
slaterson19 wrote:Can I use a naish bar until the new switch bar comes out? What would be a good 3 kite element quiver for someone who is 175-180lbs and rides mostly 15-23mph range on a surfboard and 138 TT?

switchkites
Medium Poster

Postby switchkites » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:50 pm

slaterson19 wrote:Can I use a naish bar until the new switch bar comes out? What would be a good 3 kite element quiver for someone who is 175-180lbs and rides mostly 15-23mph range on a surfboard and 138 TT?
Looking at your conditions, style and weight our first recommendation would be to start with the 11m Element. After using the kite for a while you then will be able to decide what other sizes will complete your quiver. Please note, the E2 has better low end than the E1 and considerably better high end.

You can use any four line bar as long as you do not have a front line Y split close to the kite. This split can compress the Element and you might loose performance.
If your center line split is within arm's length you will be fine.

Your bar set up is very important as it really determines the overall performance of your kite.

Have fun!
Attachments
Felix-Element2.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”