All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Switch Kites: Master any Terrain with the Element2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm 
Frequent Poster

Also…. re-sale. no one mentioned that one. I prefer to feel kites as a package, or at least have the option to do so. New riders looking for a first kite can then benefit from an all in one rig and ride set up.

On line length… I my epic bar on the weekend with no issues, so I'll have to give the element another test. Pumped.

Post subject: Re: Switch Kites: Master any Terrain with the Element2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:41 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

KiteCulture wrote:
Also…. re-sale. no one mentioned that one. I prefer to feel kites as a package, or at least have the option to do so. New riders looking for a first kite can then benefit from an all in one rig and ride set up.

On line length… I my epic bar on the weekend with no issues, so I'll have to give the element another test. Pumped.

I actually I did consider resale... so here is the challenge you buy a kite and bar... the bar for most brands (not switch) is going to cost you $350 - $500 more over the price of the kite... after a year of use that bar is not going to get you more then $150 more if you include it... I've had troubles getting $100 extra with a perfectly good Cabrinha bar which was one year old. They just don't hold value and most people already have a bar so they really don't need it. Additionally, a bar that is cared for is going to last you longer then the kite. If a newb contacted me to buy a used kite and didn't have a bar I would recommend they buy a new bar so that they are sure it is tuned properly and they are sure it is safe etc... stuff they would not have a clue to check for... heck they can buy a switch bar for under $300...

[ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7