Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Forum for kitesurfers
yuko
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oka
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby yuko » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:10 am

Some of the folks have mentionned Shinn board, so I can only chime in with my short experience with my Supershinn , I found the board did awesome, as it is a freestyle board and as dyyylan mentioned earlier , it has to do with it's ability to early plane and ride flat, something that made me feel like I was actually surfing down the wave at some point, without any help from kite, but for the rest of the time, just play in waves and use them at your advantage and not just surf.

For anything else, I'd rather be on my directional (Sector) to deal with that chop and blast around, and not a TT, weird hah?!

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:10 am

TT get no priority whatsoever in the waves at our home spot. It would be like taking your home car into a race at indianapolis on the race track. You gotta use the right tools for the conditions.
Nico

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:15 am

Nico,

What do you mean get no priority? Does that mean if someone is on a twintip he would be cut off on waves by others simply because of the board he is riding? Or does it mean something different that I'm not understanding?

Thanks

Nico
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: private kitebeach on my doorstep,
Le Morne.
Style: wave
Gear: Drifter kites, wave boards
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, naish

Postby Nico » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:21 am

It means that he has a huge lagoon where can have fun on with his twin tip and that on the peak in the waves he has absolutely no rights to priority rules. Simple.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:05 am

That is simple.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:30 am

narrower tips to waist average rocker bit longer, but u know for all this board fashion talk (no one ever used to bang on about what others where riding straps strapless etc and all that utter crap.. ) u will find someone somewhere ripping on whatever.. hybrids, alaia, skims, strapless mutants, and.. i have a friend that rips on a..... shock horror - twintip - in some big surf...

might be a bit out of control with a kite but interesting ... c how he gets through sections... insane!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLuIZVxPT0

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:22 am

This is still the best video I've seen of a twintip in waves.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:01 am

lol well there u go.. a few years ago but, ripping..

will get up to "that" wave one day....

there is room for more of this kind of thing in kiting, i been kiting for 13 years now and kiting is at an all time low of originality and individual thinking, too many sheep just makes it boring and less progressive i think. More riders than ever telling u how u should do things.. blaaahhhhhh bindings blaahhhhh surfboards only strapless tho blaahhh blahh do this kind of tricks blahh lol - what has kiting become!? used to be progressive... in every way - mind u teh older u get the more grumpy u get.. lol

CapatainJ
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham Beach, Lancing
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: North Rebels, Mako 150

Postby CapatainJ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:38 am

Nico wrote:It means that he has a huge lagoon where can have fun on with his twin tip and that on the peak in the waves he has absolutely no rights to priority rules. Simple.
That's bullshit mate.

I've been riding waves all my life one way or another.

EVERYONE has a right to ride waves, and no one owns them, as long as everyone obeys the basics rules on waves then there is never an issue.

When someone attempts to single out a rider because of his/her preference then that is a real sign of someone who thinks they are simply too cool. In reality they are not, and in my case I relish those days in person on the break and teach them some manners.

CapatainJ
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham Beach, Lancing
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: North Rebels, Mako 150

Postby CapatainJ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:47 am

... And I'm not pro twin tip, I'm pro what works in the given location, so next time I'm in Mauritius ill no doubt be on a surf board!

Return to “Kitesurfing”