Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

forum for kitesurfers


Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby Westozzy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:50 am

CapatainJ wrote:I think fun is the key here.

For the conditions I ride in, uk south coast mush, I used a Mako which was great. However personally found it to feel a bit dead, I.e there's little flex and it's feels heavy.

In the end I had some Nomad kiteboards made for me which are awesome, Mako shape, but full carbon construction, very lightweight, insane pop and awesome control in the waves.




Tell me more about ya nomad man. Got any pictures?

Yeh agreed I did the whole strapless thing for a while, but the waves are just not consistently good enough to bother. I ride a mako in the waves and I do agree it does feel a little dull with its zero flex. You make sense mr captain!!

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4484
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby plummet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 pm

Nico wrote:It means that he has a huge lagoon where can have fun on with his twin tip and that on the peak in the waves he has absolutely no rights to priority rules. Simple.

what an arrogant shit.

CapatainJ
Rare Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:15 am
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Shoreham Beach, Lancing
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: North Rebels, Mako 150
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby CapatainJ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Westozzy wrote:
CapatainJ wrote:I think fun is the key here.

For the conditions I ride in, uk south coast mush, I used a Mako which was great. However personally found it to feel a bit dead, I.e there's little flex and it's feels heavy.

In the end I had some Nomad kiteboards made for me which are awesome, Mako shape, but full carbon construction, very lightweight, insane pop and awesome control in the waves.




Tell me more about ya nomad man. Got any pictures?

Yeh agreed I did the whole strapless thing for a while, but the waves are just not consistently good enough to bother. I ride a mako in the waves and I do agree it does feel a little dull with its zero flex. You make sense mr captain!!


They have a Mako style shape, but thats about it.

Extremely advanced construction, very light weight, massive pop, single concave 7mm, glides along like a Mako, feels very lively!
Attachments
nomad.jpg

User avatar
kitesurfrabbi
Frequent Poster
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:00 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Austria
Contact:

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby kitesurfrabbi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:23 pm

you asked for the best TT for waves, right?
there you go: http://www.alkita.fr/

User avatar
NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:17 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby NYKiter » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:49 pm

wow, first time Ive heard class wars between kiters...never knew some breaks had priority riders...some pigs are just more equal than others... :allbegood:

sweet nomad board :jump: but I cant find it on your website...
The mako has 8mm of concave, whats this one have?

John-B
Medium Poster
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:48 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Troon Scotland
Style: Everything badly!
Gear: Airush Razors 11/9/7 & 135 Shinn Street
Brand Affiliation: Airush/Shinn

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby John-B » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:19 pm

CapatainJ wrote:They have a Mako style shape, but thats about it.

Extremely advanced construction, very light weight, massive pop, single concave 7mm, glides along like a Mako, feels very lively!


They look a bit like the Speedball!

User avatar
icebird
Frequent Poster
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Denmark

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby icebird » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:00 pm

John-B wrote:
CapatainJ wrote:They have a Mako style shape, but thats about it.

Extremely advanced construction, very light weight, massive pop, single concave 7mm, glides along like a Mako, feels very lively!


They look a bit like the Speedball!


I thought so too, including fin placement.

sarc
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 954
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:01 am

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby sarc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:16 pm

That love child between Mako and Speedball and the Akita boards look incredible. If they ride half as well as they look, I'm missing out!!

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4484
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Style: Always searching for flow!
Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby plummet » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:49 pm

CapatainJ wrote:
Westozzy wrote:
CapatainJ wrote:I think fun is the key here.

For the conditions I ride in, uk south coast mush, I used a Mako which was great. However personally found it to feel a bit dead, I.e there's little flex and it's feels heavy.

In the end I had some Nomad kiteboards made for me which are awesome, Mako shape, but full carbon construction, very lightweight, insane pop and awesome control in the waves.




Tell me more about ya nomad man. Got any pictures?

Yeh agreed I did the whole strapless thing for a while, but the waves are just not consistently good enough to bother. I ride a mako in the waves and I do agree it does feel a little dull with its zero flex. You make sense mr captain!!


Nice!

They have a Mako style shape, but thats about it.

Extremely advanced construction, very light weight, massive pop, single concave 7mm, glides along like a Mako, feels very lively!

poldo
Frequent Poster
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:01 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Italy

Re: What's the best twintip board for wave riding...?

Postby poldo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 pm

I use in waves both Mako 150 wide and a surfboard, depending on conditions (mostly sideon). Mako is the best tt I have tried for surfing waves. Excels in rough conditions and medium-high wind. The amount of the concave and the rocker make the board naturally stay on the face of the wave. Change in fin setup could improve performance in steeper or bigger waves.

For sure the way to surf is different form the one used by a surfboard but I call it surf.

These Nomads looks very interesting, would be nice to try them :D

Ps: Mako concave is 18mm not 8mm, but

@ Nico: no doubt that Orly with his tt wouldn't have the right on your waves..... :roll: I see a lot of people around with surfboard (often strapless) that is always in the OO... :wink:


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FabsPH and 21 guests