All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bar size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 am 
Rare Poster

I am brand new to the sport still in my lessons. I am looking to buy some gear very soon as I hope to be done with lessons after a couple more sessions. I am looking at getting the liquid force envy either 15/12m or 15/10.5m. There are three different bar sizes and I hope to buy just one bar to cut down on cost. Is this possible with these kite sizes. I am assuming the 50cm or the 55cm would be best but not sure which. Any suggestions?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Bar size
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:01 am 
Very Frequent Poster

15/12 is too close, you would be fine with 15/10.5, there is a lot of overlap

it depends on what you prefer for bar size, i like smaller bars because it slows the kite down. some people like bigger bars so the kite zips around easier for wave riding or jumping

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:13 am 
Very Frequent Poster

If you only can get one bar size get the 50. 55 would work too. Don't forget that plenty of bars have the adjustment under the bar you pull a tab and flip this lever and it switches almost like magic, the naish system is called "vario" and switches from 45cm to 51cm, the cabrinha overdrive bar adjusts from 50 cm to 57 cm, there are other bars that are adjustable too, maybe take a look at them if you are worried about bar size. I'll ride anything from a 45cm up to 55cm on kites from 10 meters up to 19 meters mixing and matching any way I feel like, so it's not a real exact science the kite will fly fine on a bar that's not exactly the right size.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:41 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Just got myself a switch V2 Bar to run on my north kites.

Impressed, check them out. Can adjust between 56 and 46, easy as. good solid system as far as I can tell and has some very similar iron heartish features like on north. The below the bar swivel is the best I've come across.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:48 am 
Rare Poster

Hows that stopper get it sussed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:59 am 
Very Frequent Poster

You asking me? Referring to the switch. Yeh all good, works a great. Didn't even change the screw pressure, it's perfect. Holds then if a gust comes it will move with enough bar pressure.

Still reckon one piece like a north one is probably better, but haven't really had a problem. Even the bar grip I'm coming to terms with having been used to the padding of ozone and north bars and funny enough I'm starting to like it. Gives great traction and allows really good grip when unhooking. Actually unhooking today I though the donkey might be a problem not being attached to the chicken hen can't rotate it away...not a problem, nothing got in the way the whole session.

Really impressed with the his bar. Might get rid of the above bar swivel though, not needed for me. The below the bar as I said is easily the best I've come across and I've used too many bars to count. But those who want to customise to single, double flag, high or low Y or fifth, then it's needed. Also they need to drop the weight of the whole bar in my mind, she's a tad heavy comparatively. But small things. Great unit. Great price.

Note I'm not a switch team rider and I don't use switch kites, so I have no vested internet in a thing I've said. Just saying it as it is.

[ 6 posts ]