All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Bridle wrap Airush Wave?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:51 pm 
Rare Poster

I'm leaning towards picking up 9/7 Waves to replace 2012 Reos. Cons for me are 6 pulleys/long bridles. I have ridden the 9 and the pulleys didn't seem to be an issue, very nice turning with minimal delay. Over the years I have had a few death loop situations and would prefer short bridles if possible. Anyone have a wrap issue with these bridles or are they similar to any other bridled kite?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Bridle wrap Airush Wave?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:59 pm 
Medium Poster

Hi, flying a 12/9 for a year and the 7 since August. I've not come anywhere near having an issue with the bridal. I absolutely love the kites and will not get into a pulley discussion since I find no faults with them. I have people look at the kite on the beach and of course the 1st thing they comment on is the bridal/pulleys. If I just hand over the kite while it's in the air they come back with huge smiles. The Wave's are just a pure joy to fly. Also I've had the 9 in a mess a couple of times and never had the bridal wrap.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:44 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I don't get Airush. They had a perfect kite which I use until today called Vapor and they went all over the map with different designs and they still can not match it. The problem was they didn't know how to market the product. The best they came up with was for those wanting to take their kiting to the next level. But the kite was simple perfect for onshore wave sitting deep in the window turning axially with power perfect for looping jumping old school new school airstyle you name it and on the top of everything it could be flown on a short set bridle no pulleys or five lines, simple genius. During all those years it was better than all the leaders of the category like RPM or Park which sell by the truck loads. How come Airush could not get their superior product across amazes me until today and I keep patching my Vapor III waiting for someone to copy the damn thing and bring it back to the market.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:30 am 
Frequent Poster

marlboroughman wrote:
I don't get Airush. They had a perfect kite which I use until today called Vapor and they went all over the map with different designs and they still can not match it. The problem was they didn't know how to market the product. The best they came up with was for those wanting to take their kiting to the next level. But the kite was simple perfect for onshore wave sitting deep in the window turning axially with power perfect for looping jumping old school new school airstyle you name it and on the top of everything it could be flown on a short set bridle no pulleys or five lines, simple genius. During all those years it was better than all the leaders of the category like RPM or Park which sell by the truck loads. How come Airush could not get their superior product across amazes me until today and I keep patching my Vapor III waiting for someone to copy the damn thing and bring it back to the market.

marlboroughman,
Have you ridden the new 2014 Varial X and if so how does it compare to the Vapor III?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:53 pm 
Medium Poster

Coloradokiter wrote:
Hi, flying a 12/9 for a year and the 7 since August. I've not come anywhere near having an issue with the bridal. I absolutely love the kites and will not get into a pulley discussion since I find no faults with them. I have people look at the kite on the beach and of course the 1st thing they comment on is the bridal/pulleys. If I just hand over the kite while it's in the air they come back with huge smiles. The Wave's are just a pure joy to fly. Also I've had the 9 in a mess a couple of times and never had the bridal wrap.

I have a 12 & 9 same as above, no bridle issues what so ever. Had the 9 for over a year now, perfect kite. Had the 12 since last september
I sold my 10m 2012 Reo and replaced with the Wave. best move I made. Still had my 12 Reo, hated it more and more as time went by, sold it to fund the 12 Wave

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:38 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

knotwindy wrote:
marlboroughman,
Have you ridden the new 2014 Varial X and if so how does it compare to the Vapor III?

No I didn't but I looked at it as a option. The problems I have are that from what I can gather it flies more at the edge of the window. I don't know why designers can not grasp the idea that for onshore conditions thus for majority of us the kite has to fly deep in the window turn axially and have that power on demand. Second I don't like bridles to begin with, a bridle with pulleys is non starter with me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:11 pm 
Rare Poster

marlboroughman wrote:

Interesting write-up, why don't you just copy-paste this into an email directly to airush? Who knows, maybe they are just sitting there scratching their heads at what to make for 2015 line-up? :-?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:23 pm 
Medium Poster

marlboroughman wrote:
How come Airush could not get their superior product across amazes me until today and I keep patching my Vapor III waiting for someone to copy the damn thing and bring it back to the market.

I hear ya and had this experience with some my "favorite" product lines with other companies in the past. Having not flown the Vapor myself, but from what some riders said about it in my area, "They hated it...Couldn't dial it in", preferring the RPM and Park. It's a guess that is has perhaps a too small niche following for Airush to make it worth their while, despite the Vapor's strengths.

My two cents...I haven't had my Wave out yet, but riders tell me it does sit back in the window until called upon to do otherwise. This is something I like about the Lithium, but it didn't quite move forward enough at times. The Varial x (2013) pretty much sits at the edge of the window, for better or worse. Maybe the Wave is the mix you're looking for - you won't know until you demo one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:43 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The only Vapor that didn't work for me was the the original Vapor I that goes back to 2006, I think and only in size 14m, it had too deep profile for the size, pulling downwind. The rest of them were the best kites I ever flown. Lithium flies like Vapor but turns pivotally which sucks in onshore wave because you need that power in the turn that's why you turning it. Pivotally turning kites stall when you are going towards them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:24 am 
Medium Poster

marlboroughman wrote:
Lithium flies like Vapor but turns pivotally which sucks in onshore wave because you need that power in the turn that's why you turning it. Pivotally turning kites stall when you are going towards them.

Hmm, that does seem to happen with the Lithium. I'll see how that differs the next time I'm out with the Varial x and the Wave.

[ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next