*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:52 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm
Posts: 29
It is obvious that switch spent alot of time refining the method with Felix to bring an awesome wave kite to the world. Even though the V1 methods were either loved or hated(sold mine shortly after buying), the V2's are a top contender in the kite surf arena. Is this kite the surf kite for you? Well here is what it does different than other surf kites. It's got the grunt! I'm 185lb with a 9 as my only surf kite and can ride it from 14mph-26 comfortable. I see guys on the beach when the wind drops and I'm still ripping up wind on my 9 and when I come in their like"9m huh?" scratching their heads. Power through the turns. If you like a surf kite that pivots on a dime with no power than look elsewhere. The kite does pivot well but has some power through the turn also. This to me is essential for bottom turns and smacking the lip. Also if you want to dump the power just sheet out and the kite drifts great. I have always been a c kite guy but now it seems those days have changed. I have been looking for a good surf kite and now that I have the method v2 my combat just sits in the corner. Find a team rider and see why the method is not your average wave kite. :D


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:16 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Klitmøller Denmark
I was so disapointed with Method 1 about lot of thing's so it is much better know?

And what happend with the company who says from begining at "We not gone release a kite every year" ;)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:52 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 am
Posts: 48
Location: New Zealand
Hasse wrote:
I was so disapointed with Method 1 about lot of thing's so it is much better know?
And what happend with the company who says from begining at "We not gone release a kite every year" ;)

Switch policy is to release new models based on significant improvements rather than preset schedule. We can do this because we have our own production and sell internet direct without dealers or distributors. Unfortunate you did not like the Method1 but now you can enjoy along with many kiters the much improved Method2.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:03 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Klitmøller Denmark
switchkites wrote:
Hasse wrote:
I was so disapointed with Method 1 about lot of thing's so it is much better know?
And what happend with the company who says from begining at "We not gone release a kite every year" ;)

Switch policy is to release new models based on significant improvements rather than preset schedule. We can do this because we have our own production and sell internet direct without dealers or distributors. Unfortunate you did not like the Method1 but now you can enjoy along with many kiters the much improved Method2.

You know why I was disapointed!! ;)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:06 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:04 pm
Posts: 526
Location: USA
Hello Hasse:
I'm wondering about your problem with Switch? Felix and I work very hard in Hawaii to develop decent kites for them and understand not all kites are perfect for everyone. But, I get the sense from reading your posts there is something else. I can ask Switch HQ (whom I have found to be really good people) but wish to hear it directly from you. If you could please inform me, maybe I can help to resolve it. If it is better kept private, please send me a PM. Thanks! :thumb:
- Bill
Hasse wrote:
You know why I was disapointed!! ;)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:30 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Klitmøller Denmark
Hansen Aerosports wrote:
Hello Hasse:
I'm wondering about your problem with Switch? Felix and I work very hard in Hawaii to develop decent kites for them and understand not all kites are perfect for everyone. But, I get the sense from reading your posts there is something else. I can ask Switch HQ (whom I have found to be really good people) but wish to hear it directly from you. If you could please inform me, maybe I can help to resolve it. If it is better kept private, please send me a PM. Thanks! :thumb:
- Bill
Hasse wrote:
You know why I was disapointed!! ;)


I have wrote to you and Ralph before and we didn't sort out aything about it and then did I change kites. But I can write to you again..

//H

Edit: Cant send you PM?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:04 pm
Posts: 526
Location: USA
Hi Hasse:
Indeed we did communicate about your thoughts of the team rider policy and your unfortunate 'mini 5th' breakage last year. Switch did modify the policy and the 5th line supplier. This topic "Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)" was started by an enthusiastic wave rider who loves the Method V2. IMHO, since you have moved on (or not,) re-hashing the past in light of a great new kite is unnecessary.
Cheers! :thumb:
Hasse wrote:
I have wrote to you and Ralph before and we didn't sort out aything about it and then did I change kites. But I can write to you again.

Edit: try billatswitchkitesdotcom :thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:33 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm
Posts: 29
Hasse It is unfortunate that you feel like Switch has done you wrong. I have had nothing but fair and sometimes over accommodating dealings with Switch customer service. I used to ride all the big name overpriced kites but what I found was their kites could not stand up to my abuse and when they did break all I got was a "sorry bro". On that note no kite is perfect or indestructible but Switch builds bomb proof, excellent state of the art kites at half the cost. I was not expecting to be so impressed with my combat when I first took a chance on switch but the kite was in my opinion the best C kite I had ever flown and the v2 is even better.So unlike other company's that put out a so called"new kite" every year,Switch actually only releases new kites when they can improve on the previous version. As I stated in the review that this post is about, I did not care for the method V1. So i was stoked when the V2 came out and It is and it is much much better Hasse . So i'm not some lacky for switch that just gives a good review of every kite they make. If you haven't tried the v2 than give it a go. It is a completely different kite in my opinion and not your average wave kite :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:17 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:05 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Klitmøller Denmark
toddalbinson wrote:
Hasse It is unfortunate that you feel like Switch has done you wrong. I have had nothing but fair and sometimes over accommodating dealings with Switch customer service. I used to ride all the big name overpriced kites but what I found was their kites could not stand up to my abuse and when they did break all I got was a "sorry bro". On that note no kite is perfect or indestructible but Switch builds bomb proof, excellent state of the art kites at half the cost. I was not expecting to be so impressed with my combat when I first took a chance on switch but the kite was in my opinion the best C kite I had ever flown and the v2 is even better.So unlike other company's that put out a so called"new kite" every year,Switch actually only releases new kites when they can improve on the previous version. As I stated in the review that this post is about, I did not care for the method V1. So i was stoked when the V2 came out and It is and it is much much better Hasse . So i'm not some lacky for switch that just gives a good review of every kite they make. If you haven't tried the v2 than give it a go. It is a completely different kite in my opinion and not your average wave kite :D


V.1 was not Bulletproof... ;) But I hope it is better now. And I look forward to try it some day maybe. I have try a lot of kites last months but unfortely no Switch Metood V.2

And like some other guys on this forum, do I try to get some solutions with the company first before i true shit on them in forums. And I had send a mail to Bill and waiting for replay from him.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:24 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm
Posts: 29
Good deal. Hope you get a chance to try it soon. Best of winds! :D


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alamos_kiter, Google [Bot], UnderWindPower and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group