forum for kitesurfers
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 82
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:34 pm
- Kiting since: 2008
- Local Beach: South coast UK
- Favorite Beaches: Nappeague, USA
- Style: Freeride, waves
- Gear: Ozone, Wainman, various boards
- Brand Affiliation: None
Boys, and girls,
hoping you re all well. Now I need to get away - I shall be looking to leave the gorgeous UK behind for Jan/Feb and want to know where you think I should go. My thoughts - SA, Mui Ne, Boracay. But where else do you guys recommend? Ideally I want waves and flats, warm weather, and few sharks! Remote holds no fears, nor does distance to destination. Please come forth and share your gems. Thankyou.
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 391
- Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:50 pm
- Kiting since: 2000
- Local Beach: South Padre Island and South Texas USA
Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge USA
- Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
- Style: all styles of kite riding
- Gear: Blade
- Brand Affiliation: Blade
weird, no responses. Puerto Rico NW coast is banging in january/feb. i try to hit it every year around then. saw the biggest waves of my life last feb. triple+ over, was unreal. and no suits. E wind regulary, a lot of 9/10m not really any flats, except on finicky difficult to access south side of island. wave action is where its at.
South Padre Island Texas is a ton of riding Nov - March, and a lot of shoulder - head high down wind wave shred and epic flatwater, but mostly wetsuit weather or borderline wetsuit weather.
Last edited by bnthere
on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 159
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:13 pm
- Kiting since: 1999
- Local Beach: Dolphin beach, Big Bay,
Golfinho hotel, Cumbuco.
- Favorite Beaches: Dolphin beach.
Cumbuco, upwind of Golfinho hotel.
Taiba to Paracaru downwinder.
Rede beach at low tide.
- Style: Freeride
- Gear: Naish Parks and Pivots - Monarch TT
- Brand Affiliation: Owner Suntrax - Importer Naish Kitesuf South Africa.
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Jan/Feb prime time in Cape Town, South Africa, which is why you will find almost all the top freestyle and wave pro's here at that time - 5.0 to 9.0 kites plus wind, waves, sunshine and a VERY favourable exchange rate!
If you want to ride with big kites and race boards better try elsewhere
With a fully developed product and repair infrastructure, plus the best gear prices around you won't find better at that time.
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JamesVegas, MSNbot Media and 11 guests