All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: When & Where --- did the sport of Kite Boarding begin ?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:04 pm 
Rare Poster

Bille, what is your focus, the history of the roots of KiteBoarding or stalking me?
Start a new thread on the people you wish to stalk. This topic that you started is about "When & Where -- did the sport of Kite Boarding begin? I was not taking pictures of myself in 1958-59 at Newport when I powered-kite boarded both with stand-on board set and also with null-board set on barefeet at high speed; the booster club alumni association of UCLA may have footnotes someplace of their approach over me that may have recorded some notes about such water-surface activity; I was the high jumper that they wanted for their school; and our day on the water was part of the process of luring me to sign with UCLA. I did enroll in 1959 at UCLA under full academic scholarship following being co-valedictorian at Culver City High; I stayed at UCLA for about 30 days and then left them, only to return in life five other separate times of refreshed enrollment after going to nine other post-HS schools. If you are doing an encyclopedic workover on me personally, then the Alumni Association at UCLA might have some notes or photos; I never saw a photo of that day.

And at soon after wedding at the beach and waters of Newport-Balboa again, I was not into heavy Nikon cameras for doing over myself; I then had only a decision to do kiting after 18 months of searching for occupation, settling on kiting, and then announcing such to my new bride; she was not very excited; indeed, she had a negative response; but later she would be photographed in free-flight kiting the first Quicksilver kite of Bob Lovejoy's design; I would test fly the same; we have photo of her, but not of me; I published hundreds of photos of others kiting; some few others published some photos of me kiting; Dan Poynter, for one on the back cove of one of his books on kiting. No photos for you on this stalk-the-Faust game, Bille. If you are serious about the topic of the roots of KiteBoarding, then, let's get onto that. In PM, you noted that you would be "ON-Topic"... your words and note in PM; surely you want to be true to your PM note of being on topic here.

Kiteboarding without standing on kiteboard wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:25 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

joefaust wrote:
... I was not taking pictures of myself in 1958-59 at Newport when I powered-kite boarded both with stand-on board set and also with null-board set on barefeet at high speed; the booster club alumni association of UCLA may have footnotes someplace of their approach over me ...

We do NOT NEED pictures of YOU in 1958-59 ; ya said you started kite boarding
in 1963.

SO Joe -- You say kite boarding started before 1963, and the owner of this forum
says that kite boarding started in the Late 80's ...
WHO do you think i'm gonna believe ; You or a World-Class kite boarder like Toby ??

Toby wrote:
Cory Roessler and his dad end of 80's.
Hood River

My epoxy for the new prosthetic , still hasn't gone-off , so i got Plenty of time for your answer.

Bille

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:46 am 
Rare Poster

Third time for just you, Bille:
"Kiting since 1963."
No photos for Bille. :D Your need is puzzling. :o Your own paper-tigers are puzzling :argue: :argue: . Your post today in OZ Report that was taken off ... is puzzling. :!: :!: :!: There are photos of me in 1963 at my wedding, but I did not take them or have them taken; and on that day I became a wing of a long tether; stalls and crashes since! :o She is my X, but I am still tethered and still crashing; some kite am I. :remybussi: Now you are putting up kites of your own making that fit your world and want to force such template on me; that won't work, Bille, as long as your KB world is tight to your local personal experience without an avenue to appreciate a larger KB world, then you construct your own standoff; :roll: have a pleasant ride with that :bye: .
Each person's story, I hold, is infinitely important and unique; I've some math proofs for such that sustain me in such position. That includes your story, Bille; and I hope to help extend part of your story to others as I continue to contribute in my kiting pattern on my boards and platforms.
=========================================

Meanwhile, still respecting the topic you started and invited me in PM to visit, I will aim to add some "ON-Topic" matter in this post, as others and I did in former posts in this thread.

Each offer in the topic thread, so far, seemed to me to add some interesting matter to study. The owner of the forum is certainly welcome to his offers. So far, you seem to state that the 1980s suffice for the owner and perhaps yourself, maybe; yet you seem to offer that you have an early time in your experience that you might call KB for you; I must track your various dates again to be sure.

:idea: :idea: Maybe a KB Timeline could be constructed. Yes. Let's do that :!: :!: . Thanks for the inspiration toward actually getting the Timeline going:
KiteBoarding History Timeline

Good on you, Bille. All are welcome to post Timeline items here in your topic thread; I will pick up the items from here. Or anyone may send in items direct to the email address given at the Timeline.

Personal starts or significant noteworthy KB actions are invited to the Timeline. Give what dates, references, details, photos, drawings, links, etc. that you wish.

So, the when-and-where for KB beginnings will probably show on the Timeline. Surely, various perspectives will accumulate on the Timeline. The forum owner's notes will get posted; Bille, your Timeline related notes will get posted. The document will be a growing dynamic item, never finished! We can deepen the Timeline by file trees linked.

So, what have we about KB beginnings? Still, what is a kite system? What is a board or board set? What is the system operation that is "kiteboarding" and by whom? Fun! :) :dance: :idea: :idea: :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:27 am 
Very Frequent Poster

i seen some very old footage of someone trying to waterski behind a paraglider - quite similar, also nz has been quietly doing crazy extreme sports kind of things no one else knows much about in rest of world - including kiting. Seen early 90s footage (i think it was) of stacked kites and surfboard.

This is gonna be like the old windsurfing inventor - UK or USA - where did first inventor come from - depends on where u are from...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:24 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Holy bag of nutters! Some of you guys deserve each other!

People have done weird shit since the beginning of time. Doesn't surprise me that the kiwis have tried all kinds of stuff over there on their own. Its really the guys who make it work that deserve the credit. Do you want to credit the first kid that jumped off a roof with a garbage bag with the origins of skydiving? Cory won the gorge downwinder by such huge margins over the windsurfers back in the day it was totally embarassing and they were in complete denial.

The french bro's for sure made massive leaps forward with the inflatable frame and then again bridles. What I find funny about those guys is that their ideas were great, but absolutely needed others to refine them into functional toys. Even when they did the bridles and pushed ahead with ultra flat fast small designs with efficiency at the top of their design brief. The were getting out on 7's in 12m weather, but they looked like they sucked ass for most of us who were looking for handling and user friendlyness.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:35 pm 
Medium Poster

Starsky wrote:

Haha totally.

Bille, Toeside, SupaEZ and JoeFaust appear to have originated from the same nut-sack :rollgrin:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:59 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

In the left corner, hailing from the Mohave Road Warrior ex military tradition whereby two legs lost become advantages, we have the one and only BILLIE.

In the right we have, well, tha name says it all, Fuast, as in faustian, Joe in front of that just adds up to an all out brawler who'll stop at nothing.

Let the fight begin!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:23 pm 
Frequent Poster

Starsky wrote:

People have done weird shit since the beginning of time. Doesn't surprise me that the kiwis have tried all kinds of stuff over there on their own. Its really the guys who make it work that deserve the credit. Do you want to credit the first kid that jumped off a roof with a garbage bag with the origins of skydiving? Cory won the gorge downwinder by such huge margins over the windsurfers back in the day it was totally embarassing and they were in complete denial.

The french bro's for sure made massive leaps forward with the inflatable frame and then again bridles. What I find funny about those guys is that their ideas were great, but absolutely needed others to refine them into functional toys. Even when they did the bridles and pushed ahead with ultra flat fast small designs with efficiency at the top of their design brief. The were getting out on 7's in 12m weather, but they looked like they sucked ass for most of us who were looking for handling and user friendlyness.

you just have to be talking about the air blast 6.3, holy puke in the water after thinking where did it go? where is it now? whoa!,
holy fuck save me, save me...

Jesus that kite could bolt-- nothing worse than a runner when your earning your stripes...

fokiten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

When & Where --- will the sport of Kite Boarding end ? :giveup:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:23 pm 
Medium Poster

SupaEZ wrote:
When & Where --- will the sport of Kite Boarding end ? :giveup:

With you on an Epic Infinity V3 and PMU on a foil? :P

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next