Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer cronix

Postby plummet » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:46 am

I suppose this day is bitter sweet for pumpy. Who will he rage on about now?

You better go and attack the kitebuggy community with your inflated opinions. Those bloke most of the time use fixed bridle foils !

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:49 pm

don pitcher wrote:But that is only one perspective. A little research shows there are many perspectives regarding this. :D
Just having fun.
Don....your first post.....was about Psycho :heartface: LOVE....Aug 27th 2005 page 4 of that thread ...see below

:ily: Flysurfer :love1:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2319306&start=30

Also just having fun :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump:

Ted B
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Ted B » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm

hey guys
here is my official report of my first impression of the new Flysurfer 10m Chronix:

Chronix 10m Tube Kite Test:
Test Conditions: 0 degree Celsius air temp and 4 degree Celsius water temp. Some very small Choppy little waves and Side Off Shore winds very gusty 10-20mph
1st I was so excited to see it as soon as it arrived I opened it up in the Office. My first impression was the kite looked very complicated and had a lot of Bridle lines going on. I noticed the shorter Struts and what seemed to be an adjustable trailing edge, the adjustable bar pressure and Grab handles. The quality really looked great as I carefully inspected her. .
Out of the Bag I layed out the kite and started to pump it up , I was amazed at how fast the kite filled with only leading edge and 3 short struts. On my first inspection I missed that the kite only had 3 struts. I was more looking at the bridle which seems a bit more then most kites, But after a close inspection I realized the bridle is very simple and although looks like more then other kites but is really less then some big name lei’s…Once in the Air the kite flies really nice it seems to have very good power for a 10m and is very Fast across the window turning speed seems very good . The wind was very Flukey and shifting and gusty but this kite was really mega stable for these conditions.. I am one of the only kiters that rides the VB ocean front in these offshore wind conditions…I was Underpowered on the Twin tip but really wanted to ride the New Cronix so I grabbed my surfboard and went for a ride. On the water this kite really flies great and is one of the smoothest inflatable kites I have ever flown actually it flies so similar to a Flysurfer. The kite is very responsive and while surfing waves does everything you want it to… The Bar pressure is perfect for me and I seemed to know where this kite was at all times.. It turns really nice. The Turning radius is just a bit wider then say a “delta Style Kite” But for me I thought the turning speed was just perfect… This kite was just so stable looped very nice with good power coming as the kite looped but not uncontrollable… I thought it had really nice depower but these wind conditions did not allow me to see what the true depower is. On the twin tip I was able to throw some Kite loops and it was fun, unhooked the kite flew very good with very little back stall it would only try to back up when the wind lulled to the 10mph mark. It seemed to have a nice upward lift during jumps and I always knew where the kite was in the air…. I did not try water relaunches and such since the wind was 30-40 degrees off shore and so cold. It really seemed to do everything well. The self launch feature is awesome the Adjustable Bar pressure is another great innovation and last but certainly not least is the adjustable trailing edge which sets the FLYSURFER CHRONIX apart from all other wings…With one knot change the kite can be changed from wave to free ride to extreme freestyle it takes 10 second max to dial in your kite to the perfect conditions…… A true all-rounder for beginners – pro level.. Flysurfer has done it again and while many companies seem to be sitting stale in innovation and have not improved their kites since 2009 only adding gimics etc., Flysurfer steps up and brings a fresh new design with new innovations that sets the new standard of what inflatable kite performance should be.

I will be doing a complete new video review of the 12m Chronix with a true explanation of all the Flysurfer Innovations...
Thanks Guys Ted B

PS. Hey PMU when are you going to send me back My 21m speed 3.5? I have not seen you posting as much lately so that means that I am right and the 21m Flysurfer dose double your fun ridable days on the water.... I sent you the kite months ago and you where suppose to be stirring up the pot for me ,WTF man... I guess it must mean that you are kiting so much with the 21m that you are to tired to type!!!! :thumb: :thumb:
Attachments
IMG_7268.JPG

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Hi Ted. First of I really appreciate your report :thumb: . Can you compare the overall feeling of the Chronix with a traditional LEI? Do the trailing edge bridles increase the low end power? Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Carlo

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:47 pm

[quote="Pump me up"]Congrat's to Flysurfer for finally acknowledging the superiority of inflatables :thumb: :bye: :allbegood: !! [quote]

Superior also in the fact that it is what people are spending their money on :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash: :cash:
Business decision .........that's the bottom line...........and as a bonus....no more mixer test :roll: :lol:

:pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1:

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flyingweasel » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:23 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Hey Ted awesome mate keep them coming. Can't wait to see you in decent winds. Especially it's drift versus its boosting potential versus its freestyle stability given those trailing edge changes. I agree kite innovation has stalled.

Can't wait to read more.

Damn that looks cold, I was out in 12-14 degrees yesterday and us wea k aussies were suffering!

Also you may want to reduce the tone of 'flysurfer has done it again" and what 'all LEI's should be - paraphrasing'. Flysurfer has a long way to go to prove anything re LEi's. Love your enthusiasm, but to make such a claim riding once in 10-20 knots gusty shitty conditions is a bit rich...and will only give more fuel for the knockers...and rightly so.

I for one am intrigued. but that is as far as it goes right now.

Don't believe me look up 'eppo' as a username...
If flysurfer wants a intricate review then I suggest most humbly you send me one..I'm famous for my reviews on the aussie forum...not always for the better though...lol

Ted B
Frequent Poster

Postby Ted B » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 pm

hey guys
I did not get into to many specifics with this review because this kite was a preserial model and I want my Reviews to be on the Serial production series...

As for my review of this kite I know my conditions and my beaches very well as I have been kiting here over 13 years now... And this was the best kite I ever took out in these gusty offshore conditions.. Cold yes It was like the first of Febuary...

Crying Weasel I thought you where hanging with PMU flying my 21m......

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:37 pm

DrLightWind wrote: So do you have a SupaVision to help me,
because I don't see the specs on their technical data & without them what's the point :?:
DrLW
The specs / technical data are now in
Take a look :pump: :cheers:

http://www.flysurfer.com/produkte/kites/cronix/

Click on the line plan to see how it cambers the trailing edge for LW and easier reverse launch

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flyingweasel » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”